OT. Some people are annoyingly ignorant

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
For me, the first comment.
ETA: thought it was cool my Rucker following had an MSU connection. Thought dude was disparaging State, or the state.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
ETA: thought it was cool my Rucker following had an MSU connection. Thought dude was disparaging State, or the state.

It doesnt seem ignorant to me. It doesnt seem informed either. It seems like a dumb/bad joke. If it is serious then the person is not intelligent so I guess that is similar to ignorant, but in this instance I would just call them a moron and move on.

Here is something ignorant- growing up I assumed the Air Force was who flew planes in wars since they fly planes. Definitely didnt occur to me that all of WW2 was fought without the Air Force even existing.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I joke with my former Air Force neighbor about how bad the Air Force marketing department is. The most famous Air Show in the US is Navy and the most famous movie (at least for my generation) about air combat is Navy as well.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
It’s his phone battery being at 4% that late!****

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I am missing what the joke (or teh dig) is? At first I thought it might be some idiot that was bothered by anybody associated with the military being a keynote ceremony at a graduation, but it's an ROTC Commissioning ceremony, so I'm guessing that's not it.

Is it a stupid joke about the "note" being a cowbell ring?

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
It doesnt seem ignorant to me. It doesnt seem informed either. It seems like a dumb/bad joke. If it is serious then the person is not intelligent so I guess that is similar to ignorant, but in this instance I would just call them a moron and move on.

Here is something ignorant- growing up I assumed the Air Force was who flew planes in wars since they fly planes. Definitely didnt occur to me that all of WW2 was fought without the Air Force even existing.

it was the Army/Air Corps---I think it became the Air Force in about 1947.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
I took the comment as a harmless joke about the speaker like he knows him and is just saying “that’s scary” like you would about a friend or something doing the same.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think it was more a a ding against the Military and not the School. Like it's a scary thought a Military Personnel being a key note speaker.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Considering the guy that commented has Army helicopter pics on his profile and is a vet pilot himself, I think you’re way off.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Considering the guy that commented has Army helicopter pics on his profile and is a vet pilot himself, I think you’re way off.

ARMY- Ain't Ready to be Marine Yet. Yes we military ding on each other. But the guy who we are talking about is the Dan Berniocho. I don't see the Army Helicopter Pics. I can't really see it but it looks like photo of family.

Last edited:

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Then you just didn’t scroll down and see the multiple army helicopter pics including one taken of him piloting one.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Then you just didn’t scroll down and see the multiple army helicopter pics including one taken of him piloting one.

I did not go to twitter. I only looked at what was posted here. I am not going to ******* argue over what he was saying but he was taking a dig at someone. I doubt it was the school. So it was either a friend joking with him or one arm of the army taking a jab at the other. It's not that big of a deal.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I think you’re looking way too hard for something to be annoyed about.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I took the comment as a harmless joke about the speaker like he knows him and is just saying “that’s scary” like you would about a friend or something doing the same.

Same... I think I've probably made a comment like that as a rib to a close friend before.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm Air Force, but believe that crushed cap is unique to Army Aviators? I harkens back to the WW2 days when the headsets crushed the caps of flight crew.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I think the proper response is to simply agree with the OP. The only point I have contention with is would it be "some" or is the more accurate word " most" ?? From what I see of the comments I can't tell the context. But I still agree in general

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login