OT: Steve Smith buries Jerry Jeudy

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Steve Smith has always been a huge douche.

But he’s normally right and used to beat the crap out of my saints.

Reactions: 32 Dive

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
The double standard in our democratic
republic is troubling….I personally find it hilarious ….. but can you imagine had that been Eli or someone with sense making those remarks to a former player?

Who gets the pass and why? The black commentator? The black player or the lack of couth amongst both parties? This isn’t an urban dictionary concert….this is national tv.

The message wasn’t given or received within kosher substance. However, the glowing afterlife of the “ninja” remarks, remain.

Who are we educating here and why is this exchange Swept under the rug?

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
As a Broncos fan...I can tell you right now he's right.We could have got a 2nd rd pick for him a couple of years ago and we turned it down....we'll be lucky to get anything close to that now.

Going to be interesting to see who all we move in the next few weeks.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
republic is troubling….I personally find it hilarious ….. but can you imagine had that been Eli or someone with sense making those remarks to a former player?

Who gets the pass and why? The black commentator? The black player or the lack of couth amongst both parties? This isn’t an urban dictionary concert….this is national tv.

The message wasn’t given or received within kosher substance. However, the glowing afterlife of the “ninja” remarks, remain.

I think any HoF white receiver could’ve said the same thing and been fine. Peyton and Eli could’ve as well, in this case.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

3dawgnight

Aug 27, 2012

Ninja please

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I'm not a Steve Smith fan but Jerry Jeudy proved him correct. If you believe Steve, he went up to apologize for his prior comments and Jeudy didn't want to hear it. That's his prerogative, I guess. Jeudy starts dancing behind Steve and making the situation worse. He is just a guy. Three catches for 14 yards. Great game Jeudy.

Compare that to Bryce Harper's reaction. He feels slighted, rightly or wrongly, by something that was said by a Braves player then proceeds to go out the next game and hit two homers. He answered the slight on the field. To me that's the difference between being a professional and being a clown.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Before the season, I personally was shocked at how much earlier Jeudy was going in fantasy drafts thsn Courtland Sutton. I’m glad at least one other person on planet earth agrees with that assessment….

That being said, it seems like both Jeudy and Smith were all up in their feels on this, and both were pretty unprofessional. Smith in particular seems to have been actively cultivating this almost WWE personality for his brand or whatever you want to call it. Not really what I care to see from an NFL sideline reporter or pregame guy, but to each his own.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Before the season, I personally was shocked at how much earlier Jeudy was going in fantasy drafts thsn Courtland Sutton. I’m glad at least one other person on planet earth agrees with that assessment….

That being said, it seems like both Jeudy and Smith were all up in their feels on this, and both were pretty unprofessional. Smith in particular seems to have been actively cultivating this almost WWE personality for his brand or whatever you want to call it. Not really what I care to see from an NFL sideline reporter or pregame guy, but to each his own.

I think that's just Steve Smith's real personality. He was physically and verbally aggressive his whole playing career and seems to be continuing with that mindset into the next phase of life.

Reactions: aTotal360

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I think that's just Steve Smith's real personality. He was physically and verbally aggressive his whole playing career and seems to be continuing with that mindset into the next phase of life.
I get that, but there were others like that in their playing days that made the transition to the booth much more gracefully. Randy Moss, for instance. Michael Irvin also. Like you said, maybe its a real-life personality problem and not a professionalism problem.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

For me, it wasn’t so much the words he used as it was a complete disregard for his job and professionalism. I realize that he was asked to comment on the Jeudy situation, but you simply have to be able to do that without losing your mind on live tv. If I’m a TV exec, the fact that he couldn’t remain composed for a couple minutes due to a single sentence uttered to him would be enough for me to decide that he’s not fit for the job

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
For me, it wasn’t so much the words he used as it was a complete disregard for his job and professionalism. I realize that he was asked to comment on the Jeudy situation, but you simply have to be able to do that without losing your mind on live tv. If I’m a TV exec, the fact that he couldn’t remain composed for a couple minutes due to a single sentence uttered to him would be enough for me to decide that he’s not fit for the job
I think he's giving TV execs exactly what they want. Controversy drives clicks and it drives eyeballs.

Meanwhile, the dumbing down of America shifts into 4th gear.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Rodney Harrison called Zach Wilson "trash" on national broadcast, and kept trying to bait Chris Jones into agreeing with him.

Donte Whitner said "Dak sucks" after the 49er game on national broadcast. Shady McCoy routinely calls him worse on whatever his show is, but he's a disgruntled Eagle holding a grudge.

Now this with Smith. It's a horrible look for all of them. No professionalism. And somebody better take Richard Sherman's mic away or he's gonna be next, mark my words. That dude can't wait to run his trap about somebody...

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Is this exchange being swept under the rug? Its still being discussed by a bunch of people who didnt even watch it in real time. Seems the opposite of being swept under the rug.

Also, yeah its unprofessional as 17.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Nobody has a problem when Stephen A Smith says it. It just seems odd when a sideline reporter acts this way. Changing times I suppose. I vote for more excitement. A WWE style staged fight between Jeudy and Smith before the game would be highly entertaining. Smith finishing the game with a blood stained suit is where it’s at!

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Nobody has a problem when Stephen A Smith says it. It just seems odd when a sideline reporter acts this way. Changing times I suppose. I vote for more excitement. A WWE style staged fight between Jeudy and Smith before the game would be highly entertaining. Smith finishing the game with a blood stained suit is where it’s at!
Might as well, the rest is staged, why stop there….and the UFC and WWE are officially one too. It’s all just soap opera anymore…

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Exactly. There is a football game about to be played. Anything you say that isn’t about that game is, by very definition, drawing attention to yourself. He made it all about him and his beef and just took it way too personal. Maybe Jeudy did too, but its not Jeudy’s job to acquiesce to the whims of whatever non player or non coach is out there trying to say whatever to him. He’s getting ready to play a football game.

Also, a nice douchey assist to Mike Garafolo, who made a point to bring up the incident and force that conversation into the universe.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login