OT: Suggestions for a game camera that WiFi’s to home internet?

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
My pops loves having a game camera outside but retrieving the card is a pain and I don’t want to be married to a cell subscription forever just so he can watch raccoons circle the traps under his bird feeder.

Is there a decent solution that works via wifi?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
My pops loves having a game camera outside but retrieving the card is a pain and I don’t want to be married to a cell subscription forever just so he can watch raccoons circle the traps under his bird feeder.

Is there a decent solution that works via wifi?
If it’s within WiFi range you could get an Arlo with the little solar panel kit.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Does he want video or pics? You can get 100 pics free/month from Spypoint and the entry level camera a around $50. Spypoint has a terrible reputation, but the last year they've really improved.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I have Toucan WiFi security cameras all around my place. Rechargeable and a charge lasts about three months but you do have to be within about 50-60 ft from the router. They were recently on sale for $69 each. I can access them anywhere from my phone or iPad.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Does he want video or pics? You can get 100 pics free/month from Spypoint and the entry level camera an around $50. Spypoint has a terrible reputation, but the last year they've really improved.
Spypoint’s reputation has been earned. I switched to Tactacam and plan to shoot the old Spypoint while it’s strapped to tannerite. That company sucks.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Spypoint’s reputation has been earned. I switched to Tactacam and plan to shoot the old Spypoint while it’s strapped to tannerite. That company sucks.
Concur, but I've had absolute zero problems this year. I don't know if I'm just riding a lucky streak or if they've improved operations.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
If it’s within WiFi range you could get an Arlo with the little solar panel kit.
I'd say Ring. I started with 3 Arlo and 3 Ring wifi cams. The Arlos were constant problems. Now we have 7 Ring spotlight cams and love them. Only one 1 of the Arlo pro 4 cams still works right.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I'd say Ring. I started with 3 Arlo and 3 Ring wifi cams. The Arlos were constant problems. Now we have 7 Ring spotlight cams and love them. Only one 1 of the Arlo pro 4 cams still works right.
I have zero trouble out of mine. I’ve had them for several years now

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
If it’s near the house and have a 120 outlet available, Wyze makes a day/night, camera/mike/speaker/light called Wyze OG. Home Depot has them for less than $17. If you put an SD card in it you can go back and watch sound or motion activated events without a subscription through your wifi.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login