OT: Surprised not more MMJ chatter on the Pack

Jwsjr

Oct 8, 2013
I’m honestly kinda disappointed. Weed in MS is a HUGE deal. Maybe I missed the threads and apologize if so. Seen couple of smaller threads here and there but overall really not much. What’s up ? I for one am fired the 17 up!!! Just figured the overall subject would have come up way more than I’ve noticed.

No partakers or investors here ?

As of june 1 the wheels are in motion to apply for a growing license. Is there amywhere that can show us who has applied and status pending/approved/declined?. Same with dispensaries but with a 7/1 date. Is any of this info public?

Did see this week that you can now make an appt online with doctors approved for writing cannibis scrips.

This is happening and i for one am happy.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
The biggest issue for me is the 2nd amendment. The Feds are leaving it up to the individual states on whether to enforce this. Most states are waiving it. MS is still planning on enforcing it. Medical marijuana = no firearms.

BlameTheDogs

Oct 18, 2019
The biggest issue for me is the 2nd amendment. The Feds are leaving it up to the individual states on whether to enforce this. Most states are waiving it. MS is still planning on enforcing it. Medical marijuana = no firearms.

Once the State government sees the tax dollars roll in, this will change.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
That’s putting a lot of faith in a bunch of corrupt politicians. It will take a lot of money in their pockets.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Make that "corrupt and dumb assed" politicians .

You said that like it might be abnormal.

The biggest thing a political person is learning after you are elected to have the proper pearl clutching while expressing the proper self righteous indignation to the press while you keep collecting the money under the table.

Lotsawork

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Once the State government sees the tax dollars roll in, this will change.

If our leadership were forward thinkers and legalized weed for tax purposes, they could have enough revenue to cover their idiotic income tax cut. Otherwise they are going to slit their own throats when they have to lay off workers in the next 3-4 years to cover their mistake.

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
If our leadership were forward thinkers and legalized weed for tax purposes, they could have enough revenue to cover their idiotic income tax cut. Otherwise they are going to slit their own throats when they have to lay off workers in the next 3-4 years to cover their mistake.

If I had one nickel for every time in my life I heard that _________ would fix all of our tax problems, I'd have about two dollars.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Here's my only beef and a change of subject but a good place to *****. Right now there is a 18 year old Marine walking a post with a M27 in some **** hole country and he can't buy a beer or a cigarettes'. That's the **** they need to fix.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Why would legal weed mean no guns? Pretty sure Washington, Colorado, Michigan and California all have more guns than 99% of other countries not just a single state.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Nobody cares apparently. Seriously, who gives a 17.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Doesn't affect me, so I really don't care. This is better than nothing, but the real (and much simpler) answer is to just legalize it for everyone.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
If I had one nickel for every time in my life I heard that _________ would fix all of our tax problems, I'd have about two dollars.

Have you not been to Helena or west Memphis lately? Once $***holes are still $***holes but you can buy weed.

irondog

Jan 20, 2020
Sorry I'm late to the party. I have some basic questions.

I’m honestly kinda disappointed. Weed in MS is a HUGE deal. Maybe I missed the threads and apologize if so. Seen couple of smaller threads here and there but overall really not much. What’s up ? I for one am fired the 17 up!!! Just figured the overall subject would have come up way more than I’ve noticed.

No partakers or investors here ?

As of june 1 the wheels are in motion to apply for a growing license. Is there amywhere that can show us who has applied and status pending/approved/declined?. Same with dispensaries but with a 7/1 date. Is any of this info public?

Did see this week that you can now make an appt online with doctors approved for writing cannibis scrips.

This is happening and i for one am happy.

- Does MS tax any Medicine other than Medical Mamajuana?
- Why does it need to be grown indoors? Studies show the potency only varies slightly. That can be made up by increasing dosage. Contamination cant be a problem, we grow food outdoors. I don't get it.

Jwsjr

Oct 8, 2013
Legit points. But the rules and reg are not finalized. There will be both indoor and outdoor (greenhouse) grows I’m told. There are just jousting over the actual legal description of “outdoor greenhouses”

irondog

Jan 20, 2020
Well... Those were actually questions not points.

Legit points. But the rules and reg are not finalized. There will be both indoor and outdoor (greenhouse) grows I’m told. There are just jousting over the actual legal description of “outdoor greenhouses”

Are any other MS "medicines" taxed?
Is indoor growing necessary?
Isn't indoor growing vastly inefficient?
Does anyone have answers to these questions?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Actually the question asked is if you are an UNLAWFUL user of weed. If you have a medical card the answer will be NO. You have your firearms and you have your weed script.

Rec is still 4-5 years away in MS I’m told.

Pretty sure you are still an unlawful user of marijuana under federal law. They should just pass a statute putting the marijuana issue to the states. And also include language recognizing that they don't have the authority to regulate intrastate drug production and use and that the S.Ct. got Raich wrong.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Pretty sure you are still an unlawful user of marijuana under federal law. They should just pass a statute putting the marijuana issue to the states. And also include language recognizing that they don't have the authority to regulate intrastate drug production and use and that the S.Ct. got Raich wrong.

I read a few weeks ago that Schumer is trying to get a bill to the floor in the Senate this summer to federally legalize MJ. We'll see if the mid-terms impact that, huh.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I read a few weeks ago that Schumer is trying to get a bill to the floor in the Senate this summer to federally legalize MJ. We'll see if the mid-terms impact that, huh.

That would be interesting. Normally, nothing like that would get any traction in an election year and members pushing it would get a lot of eat **** looks. Just a tough vote for too many finger in the air politicians on each side. Schumer is pretty ****** at protecting his caucus compared to Pelosi or McConnell, but I would not think he'd do that in an election year unless he is desperate.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
That would be interesting. Normally, nothing like that would get any traction in an election year and members pushing it would get a lot of eat **** looks. Just a tough vote for too many finger in the air politicians on each side. Schumer is pretty ****** at protecting his caucus compared to Pelosi or McConnell, but I would not think he'd do that in an election year unless he is desperate.

I think they are getting desperate for the youth vote, and to look like they can accomplish something. Bonus (in their eyes) is this won't piss off their donors (unlike loan forgiveness). Seems Biden is the roadblock though. Old fogey just can't think of weed policy as anything other than reefer madness type crap.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I think they are getting desperate for the youth vote, and to look like they can accomplish something.
I think that's right, but it comes with a lot of downside, which is why this usually woudln't be on the table before midterms. This just doesn't match up reliably by political party. It's also one of those issues where a lot of the "support" is fractured among different options, and when you get specific (e.g., legalization v. decriminalization v. medical use) some of your support disappears.

Bonus (in their eyes) is this won't piss off their donors (unlike loan forgiveness).
I don't think donors are the problem on loan forgiveness. Lots of donors are for the idea. It's voters that hate it. Most voters either never took out student loans or paid them back (or have been paying them back). Especially when you look at how relatively affluent the people being helped would be, it's an issue that will actually piss people off enough to drive them away from the party supporting it.

Seems Biden is the roadblock though. Old fogey just can't think of weed policy as anything other than reefer madness type crap.
I think part of Biden's problem is he doesn't have policy advisors he can trust. His age probably does make him out of touch on several issues, but so much of his administration is so out of touch with what would be his natural core constituency, he can't trust their advice. He's surrounded by people that are well to the left of the median democratic voter on defund the police, college loan forgiveness, identity politics, anything woke related, etc. He sees them pushing self destructive positions all the time so why is he going to trust them on marijuana?

Jwsjr

Oct 8, 2013
Are any other MS "medicines" taxed?
Is indoor growing necessary?
Isn't indoor growing vastly inefficient?
Does anyone have answers to these questions?

I am not an expert by any stretch. My knowledge basically comes from my DD from considering whether to invest or not.

Don’t know about the tax question

Indoor Necessary? NO . Preferred? Without a doubt.

Totally controllable conditions. Everything computerized…..light,water, chemicals. Much easier to control the growth rate thereby the harvest and can almost guarantee yield. And indoor is not where the Regs are mostly being Looked at. Indoor grows are pretty set I hear.

Outdoor and definition of outdoor is being discussed by some. Outdoor will most definitely have its place with the indoor.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
I think that's right, but it comes with a lot of downside, which is why this usually woudln't be on the table before midterms. This just doesn't match up reliably by political party. It's also one of those issues where a lot of the "support" is fractured among different options, and when you get specific (e.g., legalization v. decriminalization v. medical use) some of your support disappears.

I don't think donors are the problem on loan forgiveness. Lots of donors are for the idea. It's voters that hate it. Most voters either never took out student loans or paid them back (or have been paying them back). Especially when you look at how relatively affluent the people being helped would be, it's an issue that will actually piss people off enough to drive them away from the party supporting it.

I think part of Biden's problem is he doesn't have policy advisors he can trust. His age probably does make him out of touch on several issues, but so much of his administration is so out of touch with what would be his natural core constituency, he can't trust their advice. He's surrounded by people that are well to the left of the median democratic voter on defund the police, college loan forgiveness, identity politics, anything woke related, etc. He sees them pushing self destructive positions all the time so why is he going to trust them on marijuana?

Pretty easy to just take the minimal approach on MJ: let state laws stand without the Feds threatening federal prosecution, take it off Schedule 1, etc. Those that want more will be happy to finally get something, I don't think any support will disappear. But it's reported that Joe is against even just that.

That's the GOP line on loans, but there's nothing to actually support it.

"Surrounded by people well to the left of the median Democratic voter." Lol. Who would that be? Pelosi? The Senate? His Cabinet? Hilarious!

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016
Say what??? I just moved back to this darn state and you tellin me i can not wake and bake on my patio while poppin off some rounds! Shh… mane, im moving back.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login