OT: Thanksgiving in Tupelo

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Where would be a great place for dinner in Tupelo on Wednesday night, an after dinner drink spot and the best place to try and eat Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday?
Thanks

OldVideoGuy

Jun 25, 2021
Lots of good restaurants down town (nautical whimsy, amsterdam deli, grill, park heights, chop house). Would recommend the restaurant bar at Hotel Tupelo for after dinner drinks. Nothing really open in Tupelo for thanksgiving except Cracker Barrel you'd be better off driving on to Starkville.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
Park Heights for fancy dinner and they have a small bar as well or go next door to Fairpark Grill. Fairpark is good, but not as fancy as Park Heights.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Where would be a great place for dinner in Tupelo on Wednesday night, an after dinner drink spot and the best place to try and eat Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday?
Thanks
If it's a casual/fun dinner and drinks you're looking for on Wednesday, I like KOK downtown for food and Blue Canoe for live music while you drink.

Herbert Nenninger

Feb 9, 2019
If it's a casual/fun dinner and drinks you're looking for on Wednesday, I like KOK downtown for food and Blue Canoe for live music while you drink.
KOK is closed now. I think that’s where Van Atkins jewelers is opening a new store. Agree, not much will be open on thanksgiving, but woodys would be a good choice if they are.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
KOK is closed now. I think that’s where Van Atkins jewelers is opening a new store. Agree, not much will be open on thanksgiving, but woodys would be a good choice if they are.
Damn really?? Hate that. What about Neon Pig - same owners I think, is it still open?

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
Thanks
If you're looking for something downtown I always go with the Grill, Nautical Whimsey, or Lone Star. All are pretty good in their own way, but if you want something fancier I'd go upstairs from the Grill to Park Heights. If you're wanting to hear some music that night I'd go with Blue Canoe or Steele's Dive.

And like everyone else said, Woody's is about the only place that you're gonna get on Thanksgiving Day.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
KOK has been gone for a long time. So has its successor Kermit's Soul Kitchen.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
KOK has been gone for a long time. So has its successor Kermit's Soul Kitchen.
When KOK closed he opened Jobo in the new Tupelo Hotel. I haven’t eaten there yet but have had drinks there. Chophouse is behind Tupelo Hotel if you are looking for a good steak.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
When KOK closed he opened Jobo in the new Tupelo Hotel. I haven’t eaten there yet but have had drinks there. Chophouse is behind Tupelo Hotel if you are looking for a good steak.
I don't think that's the same guy. I could be wrong.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I don't think that's the same guy. I could be wrong.
I don’t know personally but the wife says it’s the same guy. We met friends there for drinks last Friday. She’s never wrong even if you are right!

Reactions: L4Dawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I don’t know personally but the wife says it’s the same guy. We met friends there for drinks last Friday. She’s never wrong even if you are right!
Let's just say that she is right then! For YOUR sake!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login