OT: The Fifth Plane

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Has anybody else watched the TMZ program about the possibility of being a 5th plane on 9/11? It’s TMZ so I’m skeptical, but they interviewed captain and flight crew supposedly from flight 23. It never took off but was on taxiway at JFK when Twin Towers were hit.

It’s an interesting watch to say the least. Think this will open up a Pandora’s box of questions regarding what else was kept from us or was told to us that may or may not be all true.

Thoughts?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I watched it. I was initially skeptical because of the TMZ association but it was presented pretty well. There really wasn’t an agenda that comes from most mainstream news program. I believe the pilot and flight crew interviewed but I really don’t understand the government’s and law enforcements reasoning for not pursuing or sweeping it under the rug.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Why would they want to cover that up?
I find that a little hard to believe that this would just come out now almost 22 years later.
Given that there’s no mention of the fifth plane in any of the 9/11 report, it is a curious thing. Clearly they knew something but they didn’t report it.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Has anybody else watched the TMZ program about the possibility of being a 5th plane on 9/11? It’s TMZ so I’m skeptical, but they interviewed captain and flight crew supposedly from flight 23. It never took off but was on taxiway at JFK when Twin Towers were hit.

It’s an interesting watch to say the least. Think this will open up a Pandora’s box of questions regarding what else was kept from us or was told to us that may or may not be all true.

Thoughts?
Interesting. I was just watching this video last night which has everything happening during that horrible day. My memory did not recall how close the planes were in terms of time when they hit. Also, one can see the US was totally unprepared for such an attack.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I suspect there were other targets and groups but for whatever reason the plan did not get the go. It could have been timing. I am under the belief that there are some things we don't need to know.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think TMZ may be one of the most credible news sources out there.
Sadly, they probably are. But shows like this are best viewed as entertainment. They're not real documentaries. They can, and routinely do, skew facts, take facts and snippets of interviews out of context, and are pretty good at making people believe just about anything.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
Also, one can see the US was totally unprepared for such an attack.

If only the Bush administration had been warned it could have been stopped. Oh yeah, they were. When another country (ally) tells you exactly what's being planned and you ignore them it is not a lack of preparedness. It's either complete and total incompetence or another avenue to get wealthier from war.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Thoughts?
I think I'm going to start an online tin foil hat business and retire within a year.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
The FBI and the airlines probably went through the lists of every passenger seated in first class on every other flight that day. Like if there were Mohammed, Muhammed, Ahmed, Omar, and Abdul taking up 5 out of 16 seats in first class, they would have been really sus. If they found something it's doubtful they would ever make it public. It's too valuable from an intel perspective as you could monitor these individuals.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
If only the Bush administration had been warned it could have been stopped. Oh yeah, they were. When another country (ally) tells you exactly what's being planned and you ignore them it is not a lack of preparedness. It's either complete and total incompetence or another avenue to get wealthier from war.
There was nothing in the "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US" briefing that indicated they would attack us the way they did on 9/11. Previous Al Qaeda attacks were focused more on government and military targets such as embassies, so it's likely that we were focused too much on those and not enough on attacks that would kill more civilians. The only mention of airplane hijacking in the memo was in the context of hijacking the plane to get terrorists released; you can't achieve that end if you destroy the plane and kill the hostages in the process.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
There was nothing in the "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US" briefing that indicated they would attack us the way they did on 9/11. Previous Al Qaeda attacks were focused more on government and military targets such as embassies, so it's likely that we were focused too much on those and not enough on attacks that would kill more civilians. The only mention of airplane hijacking in the memo was in the context of hijacking the plane to get terrorists released; you can't achieve that end if you destroy the plane and kill the hostages in the process.
There was a history of plane hijackings prior to 9/11.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"Has anybody else watched the TMZ program about"
That would be a NO.

I only consult TMZ when I'm wondering about what the Kardashian's are doing, what Justin Biebers latest problems are, what Britney Spears latest issue is, who wore the ugliest dress to the Oscars, you know important kind of stuff**

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
Complete horseshit. Two countries told them exactly what was planned.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Complete horseshit. Two countries told them exactly what was planned.
That information never made it up to President Bush. If he were told in a memo that they plan to hijack planes and fly them into buildings then you would have a point.

The more damning failure is on the US Government at large for not having more information sharing between intelligence agencies. This is a problem that transcends political parties and presidential administrations. There is way too much empire building and turf wars between federal agencies. The FBI had identified several phone calls between suspected & known terrorists in the US to outside the US and knew the NSA would have records of the calls, but the NSA would not share that information. The whole notion that "someone should connected the dots and seen what would happen" is predicated on someone being able to see all the dots, which no one was able to until after 9/11 and information was finally shared.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login