OT: This is how you handle street poop. Semper Fi!

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Hot takes-
- not sure why this is celebrated.
- I can't see a single guy in uniform over 5'8.
- marine gets hit 3 times and doesn't flinch, then 1 punch and drops someone.
- sure looks like someone was at least cuffed...since his arms are behind his back and he is directed by the officer behind him on where to go.
IMG_1393.jpeg
IMG_1394.jpeg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Hot takes-
- sure looks like someone was at least cuffed...since his arms are behind his back and he is directed by the officer behind him on where to go.
View attachment 455555
View attachment 455557
Most of them were Hispanic. I suspect it is reserves out after the Marine Corps Ball. Probably 23rd Marines. Thats a reserve infantry regiment located in Texas and Memphis Tenn.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Hot takes-
View attachment 455555
View attachment 455557

Who do you think our next Head Football coach will be?

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Hot takes-
View attachment 455555
View attachment 455557
Tell me you stand less than 5'8" without saying you stand less than 5'8".

bannerdawg

Aug 15, 2013
Hot takes-
View attachment 455555
View attachment 455557
Marines > savages

Reactions: paindonthurt

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
I am 6'5. That is, in part, why I noticed how short everyone seemed.
Good one though.***
I’m 5’8”. I’ve always wondered why taller people make snide remarks about shorter people…like there’s something inferior about a shorter guy. I don’t recall any of us ever bring given an option before we were born, on how tall we wanted to be. I’ve made it fine, and never notice I’m shorter, until some tall guy thinks he’s superior. Lol.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
PS. Semper FI MFER!!!!!!
Oh cool, you changed my quote to insinuate I have stereotypical gay mannerisms, ED, and a the neck of a Burmese Tribal woman.
Thats gonna take some time to recover from.***

Yelling M17ER at me makes it seem like you think I am somehow not 'with' Marines or not supporting the USMC. If you really think that, its unfortunate and you need to move off that Jump to Conclusions mat. I have not said or even hinted at anything in this thread or other threads that should be interpreted as me not having a general support for the USMC.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I’m 5’8”. I’ve always wondered why taller people make snide remarks about shorter people…like there’s something inferior about a shorter guy. I don’t recall any of us ever bring given an option before we were born, on how tall we wanted to be. I’ve made it fine, and never notice I’m shorter, until some tall guy thinks he’s superior. Lol.
What snide remark did I make about height? I passed no judgement of character or value and simply typed some observations from watching that dumb video. One observation was the general height of everyone I saw in uniform.
If half the group in uniform were women, I would have commented at that too, since only 10% of Marines are female. That observation also would not have been a snide remark and would not have been judgement of character or value.
Conversely to your point, if all the Marines had been 6'7(I think thats allowed), I would have commented at how tall everyone is. That observation wouldnt have been a judgement of character or value and it wouldnt have been a compliment(what you think height relates to).

My response to BrackyBrett was not boastful. And if you think I am snide for saying my height is why I noticed how short everyone seemed, you need to learn what the word 'snide' means.
Calm down and dont look for insults where they dont exist.

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
What snide remark did I make about height? I passed no judgement of character or value and simply typed some observations from watching that dumb video. One observation was the general height of everyone I saw in uniform.
If half the group in uniform were women, I would have commented at that too, since only 10% of Marines are female. That observation also would not have been a snide remark and would not have been judgement of character or value.
Conversely to your point, if all the Marines had been 6'7(I think thats allowed), I would have commented at how tall everyone is. That observation wouldnt have been a judgement of character or value and it wouldnt have been a compliment(what you think height relates to).

My response to BrackyBrett was not boastful. And if you think I am snide for saying my height is why I noticed how short everyone seemed, you need to learn what the word 'snide' means.
Calm down and dont look for insults where they dont exist.
Looks like you think my comment was directed towards you. It wasn’t, so you might should calm down. I was just making a general comment in the conversation. Peace, tall guy.

Reactions: Hot Rock

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Hot takes-
View attachment 455555
View attachment 455557
NOT SURE WHY MARINES PUTTING $h1tHEADS IN THEIR PLACE IS CELEBRATED?
WHY IS THIS A HOT TAKE
AGAIN WHY IS THIS A HOT TAKE
DEF A HOT TAKE THAT SOMEONE ISNT RESISTING ARREST!

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Looks like you think my comment was directed towards you. It wasn’t, so you might should calm down. I was just making a general comment in the conversation. Peace, tall guy.
You quoted my post about my height which responsed to a dumb comment about me being short, then you posted your height and commented that you wonder why tall people post snide remarks about short people.

Forgive me for thinking a post where I am quoted is in response to my quote.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
NOT SURE WHY MARINES PUTTING $h1tHEADS IN THEIR PLACE IS CELEBRATED?
WHY IS THIS A HOT TAKE
AGAIN WHY IS THIS A HOT TAKE
DEF A HOT TAKE THAT SOMEONE ISNT RESISTING ARREST!
A 'hot take' is a comment that is given quickly after seeing something that will likely draw attention.
I said those were some hot takes because I figured they would be seen as controversial to some here. The height comment wasn't really a hot take but just an observation that I included. Ironic that the height comment got someone bent out of shape the most.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
And I bet you are as soft as charmin!

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
You quoted my post about my height which responsed to a dumb comment about me being short, then you posted your height and commented that you wonder why tall people post snide remarks about short people.

Forgive me for thinking a post where I am quoted is in response to my quote.
Damn dude!

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
A 'hot take' is a comment that is given quickly after seeing something that will likely draw attention.
I said those were some hot takes because I figured they would be seen as controversial to some here. The height comment wasn't really a hot take but just an observation that I included. Ironic that the height comment got someone bent out of shape the most.
I think more people are just face palming at your post like usual versus being bent out of shape

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Hot takes
When the cops stepped in, all the marines backed off immediately.
Idiotic to engage in a fight w any service member in UNIFORM
Idiotic, even if you think you are right
More Idiotic if it's a group, in said uniform

Eta.... I mean the marines backed off in respect to the officers, in order to let them intervene. Like, they did the right thing. This doesn't always happen.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login