OT: thoughts? This seems really bat**** crazy to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
That we are at this point

View attachment 349710
Part of me thinks we never left there. The masks just drop a lot more frequently is all.

The other part thinks Fox and the internet created a sort of downhill rolling snowball of right wing crazy. It's not going to magically go away with Trump. It will just keep getting worse, until we make major adjustments, or they put in place the permanent fascist govt they want.

• Haha
Reactions: Luka Legend

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Part of me thinks we never left there. The masks just drop a lot more frequently is all.

The other part thinks Fox and the internet created a sort of downhill rolling snowball of right wing crazy. It's not going to magically go away with Trump. It will just keep getting worse, until we make major adjustments, or they put in place the permanent fascist govt they want.
No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I can't imagine a less compelling political figure in US history to become a slavishly devoted fanboy of than Donald Trump, who man who does not give a **** about anyone who likes him and believes in absolutely nothing other than enriching himself. No one has "values" or "principles" in line with his because he has none to begin with. And while virtually every Republican politician agrees with me privately, not a single one (other than Liz Cheney I guess?) has the balls to admit it. Historians will look back on the 2015-2025 decade in bewilderment.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I can't imagine a less compelling political figure in US history to become a slavishly devoted fanboy of than Donald Trump, who man who does not give a **** about anyone who likes him and believes in absolutely nothing other than enriching himself. No one has "values" or "principles" in line with his because he has none to begin with. And while virtually every Republican politician agrees with me privately, not a single one (other than Liz Cheney I guess?) has the balls to admit it. Historians will look back on the 2015-2025 decade in bewilderment.
He is just the symptom. When he's gone, he'll just be replaced with another. We are stuck with these crazies for a long time. Maybe once people realize that then things will start to change. In the meantime, I'll just take my tsk tsks. Gotta be respectful of all the fascists.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
He is just the symptom. When he's gone, he'll just be replaced with another. We are stuck with these crazies for a long time. Maybe once people realize that then things will start to change. In the meantime, I'll just take my tsk tsks. Gotta be respectful of all the fascists.
We'll see. No politician in the 250-year history of this country has ever held sway over a political party like he has. No one ever went to great lengths to try to overturn a presidential election, and if any nominee from Adams to Biden ever had, their own party would have told them to cut it out. No one ever inspired anything near the 1/6 attack. No one ever got their party to dump their whole platform and replace with a simple sentence of loyalty to themselves. I just don't see DeSantis or whoever ever building a cult of personality like this.

Reactions: FormerBully

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Fascism is what the left does. Conservative voices lose their 1st amendment rights. Media is literally brainwashing you to think differently

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Fascism is what the left does. Conservative voices lose their 1st amendment rights. Media is literally brainwashing you to think differently
Both in the present and the past, fascist political parties have universally considered themselves to be on the Right while despising the Left.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You keep using the word Fascist, and your party Is full of tyrants who are trying to incarcerate its political opponent.
And I’m not a Trumper, just so you know
Refer to my previous post, it is just as perfectly applicable.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Both in the present and the past, fascist political parties have universally considered themselves to be on the Right while despising the Left.
This is accurate but I think authoritarian and anti-democracy is more accurate to deceive the MAGA movement

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
This is accurate but I think authoritarian and anti-democracy is more accurate to deceive the MAGA movement
Fair point. But I think I'll co-opt the German saying here:

If you have one fascist running the Party and 9 "good conservatives" more than willing to let him.....you have 10 fascists.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
It seems like there was some specific event in the last couple decades that made these crazies believe it was "time to take our country back." I wonder what that could be?

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
The left wants to take away your freedoms. That is literally fascisim
Quaoars does not understand fascism. The vast majority that throw around that word don't understand it either. So, here you go Quaoars -

fascism - A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, a capitalist economy subject to stringent governmental controls, violent suppression of the opposition

Fits the current regime perfectly

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Quaoars does not understand fascism. The vast majority that throw around that word don't understand it either. So, here you go Quaoars -

fascism - A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, a capitalist economy subject to stringent governmental controls, violent suppression of the opposition

Literally 100% of people who self-identify as fascist consider themselves to be on the Right, not the Left. But maybe none of them understand fascism like you do.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Literally 100% of people who self-identify as fascist consider themselves to be on the Right, not the Left. But maybe none of them understand fascism like you do.
Both Obama and now Bidun weaponized the DOJ and FBI to go after conservatives, and in Bidun’s case, his political rival.

I think that qualifies both of them as Fascists

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022

1_ETYHHas9_Qy4YEaZxaTv0Q.jpg

Reactions: turkish
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login