OT - Tips for Sneaking in "Water"

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This season, we moved from the Scoredboard Club to Section 5. We haven't sat with the common folk since magnetometers were put into use. Tips on sneaking my favorite libation into the stadium? In the olden days, I'd just hide a metal flask in my waistband and process through security. What's the play now, some type of composite flask? What are the best options for getting the most ozs of liquid through the magnetometer?

I'm already missing my locker.

Asking for a friend.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
This season, we moved from the Scoredboard Club to Section 5. We haven't sat with the common folk since magnetometers were put into use. Tips on sneaking my favorite libation into the stadium? In the olden days, I'd just hide a metal flask in my waistband and process through security. What's the play now, some type of composite flask? What are the best options for getting the most ozs of liquid through the magnetometer?

Asking for a friend.
I got a fake cellphone flask for me and family for Christmas this year. It’s all plastic, but I think it’s gonna be perfect for situations like that.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Had a buddy try something like this. Looked like a great idea till it started leaking and looked like he pissed his pants (was wearing khakis). And apparently whiskey stings down there…

• Haha
Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The first few games they're usually ok with bringing in plastic water bottles, so I will try that too.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The sunscreen flask have always worked for me or you could just buy a beer in the stadium.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006

Asking for a friend.
Most pint/half-pint bottles are plastic these days. Western boots, seat cushions, hidden in pom-poms, buried under tampons in wife's purse, crotch cod sack, back of your waistband, vodka in a water bottle.... Jeezus, you never ever sneak booze into a game?

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Just buy a pint and put it in your back pocket. That’s what I’ve always done with no issues. Guy that sits with me still carries a metal flask in his pocket. The metal detector deal is a joke. It goes off anyway with the stuff you carry over your head and I’ve never seen them stop anyone to check in more detail. I haven’t “snuck” anything in since I’ve started going to the games again about a decade ago…

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Get three plastic half pints of Crown from your local liquor store. Drink them. Then reuse those plastic bottles for whatever drink you want going forward. The caps are plastic too. Hasn’t failed me yet.
Or…he could just buy another plastic pint..? But that might be too simple.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
Or…he could just buy another plastic pint..? But that might be too simple.
Few liquors have all plastic half pints.
These are flat-ish so hide well.
Buying fifths or handles (for refills) are significantly cheaper than buying half pints over and again.
Airplane bottles are much more expensive per oz. And I require several more of those to get me through a game like Auburn last year, for instance.

I’ve never put any thought behind this though.**

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I use plastic flasks like the rest of the peasantry and remain undefeated by the rentacops.

I've been laying off the drinking since late spring when I realized no amount of booze was gonna make our baseball team any better, but I picked up some Elijah Craig this weekend and will start training my body and mind for football season.

• Haha
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Tailgating I'm beer, but in the stadium, I'm mixing.
That's a recipe for destruction. Then on top of that, you mix in anger/frustration with State football.

No way, man. I gave that up around 2010. For me I mix my drinks at the tailgate, and just buy beer in the stadium.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
That's a recipe for destruction. Then on top of that, you mix in anger/frustration with State football.

No way, man. I gave that up around 2010. For me I mix my drinks at the tailgate, and just buy beer in the stadium.
No worries, I'm a seasoned pro. I survived several winters in northern Maine (us southerns are novices at drinking compared to folks who are shut in 6 months/year) and a year in South Korea (had a great time, but that year will cost me at least 5 on the back end).

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

^^This.

I'm a beer drinker. So I'd pregame as usual but would sneak in a few mini bottles of bourbon, as some games would progress I'd hit those mixed cokes a little too hard. Then I'd get even more mad. So, I just started abstaining during the game until they started selling beer.

This introduces new math/science to hit the sweet spot of nursing the 2 you're allowed to buy at a time so you're not getting up too often for more beer/or pee, and not letting them get warm.

Side question, is there a reason you don't see hawkers any longer; not just for beer, but cokes, peanuts, popcorn? This isn't just a MSU thing. All types of venues have stopped this. Is there a reason why that I am missing?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Get momma one of these and you are set. If its ever discovered she can take the fall for your habit too.

1691424347704.png

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login