OT: Traitors. Stupidest show ever.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
My daughter talked my wife and I into watch Traitors on Peacock. The only reality competition show I watch it the Amazing Race. If those other shows like Big Brother, Survivor, The Bachelor , etc. are this bad, I don't get it.

Spoiler that I am not going to block

This one ends where if you can simply count there is no way the final scene can happen that way. There are 3 traitors to start the game but only 2 have been eliminated with 4 people left. They actually added one traitor during the game. The final 4 are 2 and 2. To end the game they have to unanimously vote to end the game. The traitors win if at least one is left and the non-traitors win only if no traitors are left. In order, One traitor (the added one) and two non-traitors vote to end the game with them knowing they all have to be non-traitors to share the money. The actual non-traitors had to know there was definitely one person in the 4 that had to be a traitor, but the producers and writers had them both vote to end the game. Have to be truly stupid to not realize that. So they have the final person in the group who is an original traitor vote to not end the game and eliminate one more person even though half of 250,000 is theirs.

Then the added traitor decides to withdraw from the game, instead of letting another banishment vote happen, leaving one traitor and two very stupid non-traitors left. They all end the game and the one traitor wins it all. Not sure what the contract to be on the show says, but a fraud has been perpetrated on these folks. This is worse than the gameshow fraud in the 1950s.

We started skipping all the chatter in episode 6. so it was just to see who won.

Reactions: QuaoarsKing

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
It's also pointless that they do missions to add money to the pot, but in the last episode, they just extended it to $250K anyway. And people always talked about how the missions would reveal who was a traitor, except it wouldn't because it's not like The Mole where the mole is trying to make the group fail. Every accusation of who was a traitor was based on nothing, and there's no obvious strategy to play as a faithful, since anybody who tries to reason out who it might be is just going to get killed. The only way the traitors lose is they have really bad luck and happen to get voted out randomly, and even then, they just pick new traitors to replace them.

I don't plan on watching season 2 (if they didn't make one), and only watched this one because I liked a few of the cast members from other shows. I was happy to see ***** win though, well deserved after so many close calls.

ETA - I think I read that the contestants were told that there were between 2 and 5 traitors, so Loser #1 and Loser #2 apparently thought there were just 2 and none were added. So a little more understandable, but still not very smart.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login