OT: True Detective Season 4…

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Sucks.

“We’re alllll in Night Country now.” I tried giving it a shot, but I’m out. The writing is so bad.
One of the story lines from last night happened in an absolutely impossible timeline…. On Christmas Eve, in the middle of nowhere. That was turrrbs. I hope you know what I’m talking about. That’s one of the least believable things I’ve seen from the series, and it’s got more than a few.

I’d like to kick Jodie Foster in her twig and berries. She’s not likable.

Reactions: 11thEagleFan

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Watching last night’s episode tonight. Will report back.

First 3 were above average, IMO. This season is only 6 episodes. So, we’re on the downhill side.

• Wow
Reactions: eckie1

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I like it so far but it’s different. I don’t like the amount of supernatural stuff, gives it a different vibe. Will see how the next two go

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Episode 4 drags like Ru Paul.

I couldn’t care less how the series ends.
I think one of my pet peeves is that the show is called True Detective, and there’s really no detective work being done. The only character that comes close is the male deputy, which is ironic considering the feminist undertones.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Pretty sure this Travis mentioned in Episode 1 and 2 is Travis Cohle - Rust’s Cohle’s Father.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I finished Season 1 and went straight to Season 4. Season 4 is just terrible in comparison. Been hard to hire an actress worse than Jodi Foster for her role. She looks like a caricature of herself they'd use on Southpark.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I think people have forgotten the disappointment with season one. It was incredible television but the ending did fall flat.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
The supernatural stuff is more believable than very post menopausal woman is actively seeking sex.

Is Travis Cole the same bad guy from Dirty Work?

Aside from that, it's an ok season but 1 was great.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I think people have forgotten the disappointment with season one. It was incredible television but the ending did fall flat.
I didn't care for the biker episode. McConaughey is supposedly dead for two years and shows up and the bikers just accept him and let him go pull a job with them? Woody is just going to barge into the private biker part of the bar and they let him leave without a beat down?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I didn't care for the biker episode. McConaughey is supposedly dead for two years and shows up and the bikers just accept him and let him go pull a job with them? Woody is just going to barge into the private biker part of the bar and they let him leave without a beat down?
It was confusing and frankly unneeded.

That should've stopped after season one. The mold. was broken when that one finished. that's the last time they had to actors of that caliber in the primary roles.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login