OT - True Detective Season 4

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
What a mess. The bright spot is it only lasted 6 episodes. Coming straight from Season One into Season Four, probably had my expectations too high, but Season Four was terrible.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
It’s some of the worst writing I’ve ever seen from HBO. So many things about it were just comically bad.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Didn’t hate it but Season one was a masterpiece they’ve all kinda been downhill ever since.
alexandra daddario GIF

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I thought the acting was very good, and the setting was fascinating+bleak at the same time. But yeah the plot was a mess.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
One thing it was not short on was girl power! I think every show nowadays must have a female who can beat the crap out of a man, many times multiple men at one. Usually it's not a roided up MMA fighter like Ronda Rousey, it's normally a 120 lb. Victoria Secret's model. At least they had a bull dyke in that role in True detective.

Last edited:

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
It left me feeling meh. Not the worst season of True Detective by a long shot but also not close to Season 1. I feel like they had filler when they didn't need it and could have had a much meatier plot. The plot was a mess for sure.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
After episode 4 of this season, I said “no more.” I went back on my word, and how I wish I hadn’t. I genuinely think it was the worst season of True Detective, even worse than Season 2. The plot and dialogue were so laughably bad. The Season 1 callbacks were cheap and ultimately went nowhere. And the big twist at the end? Girl power, or something, is the message. Ultimately all the characters were uninteresting, and the show committed the one sin I can’t get past. It was boring.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I finally figured out this season the only way to watch True Detective is to read recaps. Because there is too much to follow.
“Hey, did you catch the last name of the girls 3rd cousin?? Harkening back to season X episode Y??”

I’m doing good just to stay awake right before bed time when we watch. The recaps are nutty enough, but do give you a lot of insight you might not even care to look for.

BlueRidgeMtns

Nov 29, 2016
The ending kind of came out of nowhere... yeah I get the stuff the scientists and company were doing, but the big twist seemed like it had no connection to anything that happened the rest of the season.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
The ending kind of came out of nowhere... yeah I get the stuff the scientists and company were doing, but the big twist seemed like it had no connection to anything that happened the rest of the season.
So, it ended like season 3. Got it.

I’m sure I’ll wrap it up tonight, but after the events and timelines of Christmas Eve in this series, my hopes of anything good coming were dashed.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
After episode 4 of this season, I said “no more.” I went back on my word, and how I wish I hadn’t. I genuinely think it was the worst season of True Detective, even worse than Season 2. The plot and dialogue were so laughably bad. The Season 1 callbacks were cheap and ultimately went nowhere. And the big twist at the end? Girl power, or something, is the message. Ultimately all the characters were uninteresting, and the show committed the one sin I can’t get past. It was boring.
Jody Foster was just so out of place. The rest of the women looked like women you'd expect in AK, but a Jody Foster type would never be that far north. How much plastic surgery has she had? It looked like she was wearing a mask.

I've only been as far north as Delta Junction, the only decent looking women (who live there) were dependa (and most dependa are 400 lbs and look like Roseann Bar before she got famous and fixed herself up). Most of the full time resident women looked like leather gloves.

Like leather gloves your great gandpappy used for 50 years working in the coal mine, then lost in a rat infested sewer for 50 years, then the guy pumping your septic tank found them and ran over several times with a track hoe, then burned, then poured acid on, then left as a sacrifice to the poop gods.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Have I shite on this enough? In addition to massive amounts of girl power, it also of course had lesbians, in this case, 15 year old lesbians.

Can we make an agreement as a society, if romance is not essential to the story, can we just not have any, especially underage romance?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: eckie1

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Jody Foster was just so out of place. The rest of the women looked like women you'd expect in AK, but a Jody Foster type would never be that far north. How much plastic surgery has she had? It looked like she was wearing a mask.

I've only been as far north as Delta Junction, the only decent looking women (who live there) were dependa (and most dependa are 400 lbs and look like Roseann Bar before she got famous and fixed herself up). Most of the full time resident women looked like leather gloves.

Like leather gloves your great gandpappy used for 50 years working in the coal mine, then lost in a rat infested sewer for 50 years, then the guy pumping your septic tank found them and ran over several times with a track hoe, then burned, then poured acid on, then left as a sacrifice to the poop gods.
I keep seeing people say how much work has she had done but honestly she looks like a 61 year old woman. The reason she doesn’t look like other Hollywood 61 year old women is because she hasn’t had work done.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

@ClintonInHelen can we get a ruling here?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login