OT: Vince McMahon...yikes

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
If those alleged texts are legit, that dude is history. Brutal.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Don’t get excited, that’s really not Vince texting you those dick pics. It’s someone you used to take gym showers with in high school! ****

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
According to Grant, the text messages lay bare McMahon’s explicit and coercive language, as he pressured her into engaging in intimate activities with other men, including a Physical Therapist named Laurinaitis. These shocking messages, she contends, paint a disturbing picture of her experiences under McMahon’s leadership.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Sorry too explicit..

you want to see it go here.
McMahon has been a world class scumbag for years, so I won't be the one to offer up a defense for his behavior. But the texts don't exactly paint this lady as a victim either.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
McMahon has been a world class scumbag for years, so I won't be the one to offer up a defense for his behavior. But the texts don't exactly paint this lady as a victim either.
I'm not going to pretend to be able to place levels of guilt on either party, but she was taken advantage of.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
When a guy with that much power puts pressure on you to do something it can be overwhelming.

She can get paid for her services if she likes but what he did crossed more lines that I can imagine. Nothing worse than a man that takes advantage of the weaker among us. 17 him and the horse he rides

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I'm not going to pretend to be able to place levels of guilt on either party, but she was taken advantage of.
Maybe, maybe not. She certainly enabled bad behavior. And you have to ask the question: if she'd received all $3M from McMahon, would this even be a story?

The most egregious lie in the story is calling John Laurinitis a "physical therapist".

patdog

May 28, 2007
He deserves whatever comes, but if she or anyone else is surprised by anything disgusting that guy would do, re-up your smart pill prescription.
I know very little of the details of this lawsuit, and I don't want to know. But the least surprising thing here is that Vince McMahon is a complete sleazeball. And there's something to the argument that if you got involved with him in any capacity, you kind of knew what you were getting yourself into.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I only skimmed the texts, but it seems like Vince really admired the British Broadcasting Corporation. And why wouldn’t he? They delve deep. Their hard-hitting investigative journalism is some of the best. Sounds like he was encouraging her to get more familiar with the BBC. That used to be called mentorship. Also, I see lots of encouragement in there. Lots of compliments. Damn Millennials can’t take a compliment?**

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I only skimmed the texts, but it seems like Vince really admired the British Broadcasting Corporation. And why wouldn’t he? They delve deep. Their hard-hitting investigative journalism is some of the best. Sounds like he was encouraging her to get more familiar with the BBC. That used to be called mentorship. Also, I see lots of encouragement in there. Lots of compliments. Damn Millennials can’t take a compliment?**

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If those alleged texts are legit, that dude is history. Brutal.

I must be missing something. He looks creepy as hell and the whole wanting other guys involves seems like just somebody with some homosexual tendencies that doesn't want to directly act on them (which whatever but just weird as hell), but the ones I saw just looked like a creep and his girl texting. Were those selective leaks from Mcmahans team to show she was a voluntary participant? Or are those supposed to be the smoking gun texts? Or are those just the shot across the bow from the girl, which would mean there are more embarrassing texts she has in reserve?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if Triple H and all the other WWE folks aren't pushing this behind the scenes to get the damn egomaniac out of the way. Yeah, he built it, but he's gone as far as he can go, and now he's obviously going crazy. Get out of the way and let the younger folks bring in some new ideas. Which has already started.

As far as the other stuff goes, eek.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I must be missing something. He looks creepy as hell and the whole wanting other guys involves seems like just somebody with some homosexual tendencies that doesn't want to directly act on them (which whatever but just weird as hell), but the ones I saw just looked like a creep and his girl texting. Were those selective leaks from Mcmahans team to show she was a voluntary participant? Or are those supposed to be the smoking gun texts? Or are those just the shot across the bow from the girl, which would mean there are more embarrassing texts she has in reserve?
For your sake, I'm going to assume you haven't seen the worst of the texts.

Reactions: Drebin

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if Triple H and all the other WWE folks aren't pushing this behind the scenes to get the damn egomaniac out of the way. Yeah, he built it, but he's gone as far as he can go, and now he's obviously going crazy. Get out of the way and let the younger folks bring in some new ideas. Which has already started.

As far as the other stuff goes, eek.
Slim Jim found out about this before it went public and pulled a ton of sponsorship dollars. Now that Vince has a boss, he can't protect himself.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Scrolling YouTube recently and came across a video of Kurt Angle on a podcast talking about Vince. He wouldn't go into details but basically hinted he was one twisted 17.
One of the story lines he wanted to push was that he knocked up Stephanie. Fortunately that was shot down.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
For your sake, I'm going to assume you haven't seen the worst of the texts.
Just the ones in the linked ringsidenews article https://www.ringsidenews.com/2024/0...-janel-grant-in-trafficking-lawsuit-revealed/ . I'm not saying they're not humiliating to him, and this coming out is presumably going to end his relationship with WWE or whatever it's called (I actually thought that had already happened; didn't realize he came back?). But his legal issue isn't the content of the texts that I can see, it's the fact that he screwed over the organization by having a relationship with a subordinate and it didn't stay gone after he tried to make it go away plus whatever he did that's not in the texts.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Just the ones in the linked ringsidenews article https://www.ringsidenews.com/2024/0...-janel-grant-in-trafficking-lawsuit-revealed/ . I'm not saying they're not humiliating to him, and this coming out is presumably going to end his relationship with WWE or whatever it's called (I actually thought that had already happened; didn't realize he came back?). But his legal issue isn't the content of the texts that I can see, it's the fact that he screwed over the organization by having a relationship with a subordinate and it didn't stay gone after he tried to make it go away plus whatever he did that's not in the texts.
There's more. Reddit and X is where I saw them.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login