OT: Was I wrong?

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Way OT, but earlier today, I was leaving my job at city hall. As I was pulling out to go north, making a right hand turn, a police cruiser driving southbound quickly flips a U-turn, and there was almost a collision. We both slammed on brakes, and I almost had an aneurysm. So after shaking my finger at the officer and saying a couple unkind words, I drive off. I thought about pulling out my phone and calling the chief, and then it occurred to me that I might not have had the right of way. What does SPS say here? For additional info, there were two lanes of traffic in each direction, and I was pulling into the right hand lane and had already started my turn when this happened.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Way OT, but earlier today, I was leaving my job at city hall. As I was pulling out to go north, making a right hand turn, a police cruiser driving southbound quickly flips a U-turn, and there was almost a collision. We both slammed on brakes, and I almost had an aneurysm. So after shaking my finger at the officer and saying a couple unkind words, I drive off. I thought about pulling out my phone and calling the chief, and then it occurred to me that I might not have had the right of way. What does SPS say here? For additional info, there were two lanes of traffic in each direction, and I was pulling into the right hand lane and had already started my turn when this happened.
If you pulled up to the intersection at the same time the Uturn technically has the right of way if you had a stop sign. If you had already started entering the roadway and he quickly does a u turn out of nowhere, it’s a dick move to act like you weren’t there.

Reactions: 11thEagleFan

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
You had the right of way, brah, unless he had his lights flashing and siren blaring.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login