OT We don’t have a chance

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
Went to Lowes today and saw pre mixed 2 cycle gasoline- 1 gallon- for 20 bucks.

There no hope….

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Buying diesel fuel, fertilizer, and herbicides right now is real fun. Having to figure out all we need for the year and have it on hand because they’ve told us they’re going to run out before the summer is over.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Went to Lowes today and saw pre mixed 2 cycle gasoline- 1 gallon- for 20 bucks.

There no hope….
Been that way for years. I buy the Husky fuel for my blower (laugh all you want) so I see those red and green cans all the time. It hasn’t increased, been $19-$20 for at least 6-7 years.

I also buy non-ethanol gas for my mower. I baby all my yard toys - want them to last. And so far, they have.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
Been that way for years. I buy the Husky fuel for my blower (laugh all you want) so I see those red and green cans all the time. It hasn’t increased, been $19-$20 for at least 6-7 years.

I also buy non-ethanol gas for my mower. I baby all my yard toys - want them to last. And so far, they have.

I kept having to take my small engine stuff to my lawnmower man with carb problems. He told me “You can keep bringing ‘em to me or you can start using non-ethanol in this ****, your choice.” I took his advice and it’s been smooth sailing since.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
Buying diesel fuel, fertilizer, and herbicides right now is real fun. Having to figure out all we need for the year and have it on hand because they’ve told us they’re going to run out before the summer is over.

Selling soybeans at $15-$16+/bushel helps a little, though.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
That $20 a gallon pre mix is the best money you will ever spend because the next time you use it, it will crank. You don’t have to clean the carburetor or take it to the small engine shop to be repaired. I might use a gallon or two per year and haven’t been to the shop since I started using it.

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
You can buy ethanol free premium and mix up your own mix and it'll be $15 a gallon cheaper and do the same thing.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
You can buy ethanol free premium and mix up your own mix and it'll be $15 a gallon cheaper and do the same thing.

This. Buy a gallon of no ethanol pump gas. Add your 2 stroke oil with stabilizer. The key for long term storage is to store it in a metal gallon can like tru fuel, paint thinner, etc comes in. It takes me about 2 years to use a gallon. No carb, cranking, or engine issues and I have been doing this for years.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The last time inflation was this high you could put money in the bank and make 8%. You could make up the difference. This **** is worse than 1982. Hell in 1979 inflation was 13.5% but interest was only 11.9%. We are heading to 1979 inflation level fast. The Feds have to make a move and goverment has to stop spending.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2015
I only use ethanol gas in my every day vehicle. Everything else is ethanol free. Mower,weedeater, four wheeler,etc I use ethanol free. Also I’ll only use a good quality pre mix oil such as red max for example. Never have problems.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I kept having to take my small engine stuff to my lawnmower man with carb problems. He told me “You can keep bringing ‘em to me or you can start using non-ethanol in this ****, your choice.” I took his advice and it’s been smooth sailing since.

Same here. I even use non ethanol in the boat. That’s probably overkill since the engine is made to handle ethanol, but it’s such a pain in the *** to have to get a mechanic to look at it, I’m willing to pay it. Probably wouldn’t if I used it more regularly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login