OT: Weird Twitter Question

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I had a Twitter account at one point and deleted it a while back. For years upon years I have been able to lurk and read everything on Twitter, just not comment. This past year sometime it changed where I can read everything, but couldn't open an individual tweet/thread.

As of today, it's now requiring me to login in to scroll down to more than 3 tweets or so? It's kinda like Facebook. You have to join to see now.

Are there any other Twitter lurkers like me that are experiencing this? If so, they are about to have a massive boost in users and I am about to buy TWTR stock with both hands as it's down 58% from it's high and back below precovid highs.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I had a Twitter account at one point and deleted it a while back. For years upon years I have been able to lurk and read everything on Twitter, just not comment. This past year sometime it changed where I can read everything, but couldn't open an individual tweet/thread.

As of today, it's now requiring me to login in to scroll down to more than 3 tweets or so? It's kinda like Facebook. You have to join to see now.

Are there any other Twitter lurkers like me that are experiencing this? If so, they are about to have a massive boost in users and I am about to buy TWTR stock with both hands as it's down 58% from it's high and back below precovid highs.

Insta did this same thing a few years ago.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Exactly. I can't see **** on there, but I don't really care to see anyone's selfie anyway. I follow about a dozen blue checks on Twitter for weather, sports, and economic info. I guess I am going to have to sign up and I figured lots of others will too.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Nevermind. Found a work around. I can click on the login button as if I were going to login and then close that window and view everything.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I just created a burner type account. Everything I put down in the profile is total bullshat, i.e. I'm female, 25, live in Ukraine, etc etc etc. I don't allow any followers and I don't post. If someone follows I just block them. I follow a few select MSU writers and media types (i.e. the ones that DON'T post every pitch or football play), weather/news outlets, scoreboards and local law enforcement agencies. Twitters not bad at all as long as you stay away from the drama queens and political crap

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
JLS doesn't need Senior Management seeing the accounts he's peeping*

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
No Mitch, I wasn't... BDSM stands for Business Development, Sales, and Marketing... I swear.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login