OT: Where to eat in Denver?

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
I'll have a night in Denver, so does anyone have a good recommendation on where to eat? Some place with a good beer selection and kid friendly.

Thanks.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Get to an In-N-Out and check that off the list. Sneak a beer in.

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
5 guys is way better… apologies to any west coast people who want to pretend in and out is better
After hearing about in and out for years. I pulled into the one in Ft. Worth. It’s a dump and the food was not good. Five guys is much better at 4x thr cost. In and out was about as good as the Burger Chef was back in the 70’s-80’s.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
If anyone tries to tell you to go to the Mexican restaurant they talk about in South Park, kick them in the shin

Reactions: aTotal360

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Last time I was there I ate at the Ruby Tuesday near the airport, and they had a great selection of whiskey, including Jim Beam and Jack Daniel’s. After I made friends with the bartender, he let me try some of their Maker’s Mark. I can give recs for Boulder if you wander there

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Last time I was there I ate at the Ruby Tuesday near the airport, and they had a great selection of whiskey, including Jim Beam and Jack Daniel’s. After I made friends with the bartender, he let me try some of their Maker’s Mark. I can give recs for Boulder if you wander there
Sorry, I just realized I only drank at the Ruby Tuesday. I walked through a tornado to eat at some Vietnamese place down the street that was alright

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
After hearing about in and out for years. I pulled into the one in Ft. Worth. It’s a dump and the food was not good. Five guys is much better at 4x thr cost. In and out was about as good as the Burger Chef was back in the 70’s-80’s.
I see whataburger in the same light. It's overblown, and not worth the time or money. I get it though, if you grew up on it, its the best thing ever.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I see whataburger in the same light. It's overblown, and not worth the time or money. I get it though, if you grew up on it, its the best thing ever.
In-N-Out and Whataburger are both over hyped in ways. But it always slides off the rails when people start comparing it to 5 Guys and the like. In-N-Out and Whataburger should be compared to McDonald's and Wendy's and other drive thru joints, 5 Guys is nothing like those places.

A double double (2 beef patties w cheese) combo at In-N-Out $10.50

A patty melt (2 beef patties w cheese on Texas toast) combo at Whataburger $11.25

A Big Mac Combo at McDonald's $9.79

A cheeseburger, (2 beef patties w cheese) fries, and a drink at 5 Guys $19.67

Not really in the same category in any way. And for the record, the Patty melt from Whataburger is way better than any of the others above (though I did eat at a Whataburger in MS 4-5 years ago that was an absolute disgrace.... Whataburger is supposed to be staffed exclusively by 40+ year old Mexican women to get the full experience... I mean if I pull up to a Popeyes and see a bunch of still virgin teenage white kids, I ain't eating that shìt... Those are Chick-fil-A workers.)

Last edited:

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
The Post for fried chicken
Brutal Poodle kinda rough music but good food

Yazoo BBQ owned by a Dawg!!!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login