OT: Wrestling Fans on the SixPack - The head of WWE changes.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
McMan retires. Triple H is now the head of the WWE. No ****.

Do you think he might be able to revive/save the WWE for the old fans that had become bored with their product? He seemed to be making changes immediately to the show. Can he bring some life back to the product?

There's even take of changing the show back to the PG-14 rating and making things less scripted,

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I do. I’ll admit I didn’t watch wrestling from 2000ish to 2020. Hadad got me back into it by introducing me to AEW. I started watching a little WWE since the PPVs were on Peacock and even though that was supposed to be the highlights of the storylines I still fast forwarded through the shows. I watched the post SS raw a little and that was the first time I watched Raw since the attitude era. I don’t know if the product will be immensely better, but HHH has my interest.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yes and I think you’ll see some people go from AEW back to WWE. They’ll work for Triple H in a heartbeat. I see it only as a positive with him in charge.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
It will be better with HHH but that’s not saying much. It had gotten pretty awful.

I am fascinated to see what impact it has on AEW. That company made its name by being an appealing alternative to jaded former WWE fans. If WWE steps up its game, do fans stop watching AEW? Does more AEW talent make the jump to WWE? It’s an interesting dynamic for sure. AEW is also at a pivotal point as they are up for a new TV deal soon and the Discovery/WB merger may not end up being in their best interest.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Yes. It’s already getting better. The last show Vince was in control over had only 13 minutes of wrestling. Now the talent is also given more freedom with their promos. To this point, Vince was scripting every word.

I too think some AEW talent will eventually jump ship.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It will be better with HHH but that’s not saying much. It had gotten pretty awful.

I am fascinated to see what impact it has on AEW. That company made its name by being an appealing alternative to jaded former WWE fans. If WWE steps up its game, do fans stop watching AEW? Does more AEW talent make the jump to WWE? It’s an interesting dynamic for sure. AEW is also at a pivotal point as they are up for a new TV deal soon and the Discovery/WB merger may not end up being in their best interest.

This is what I'm afraid. Triple H may make the product better but you have to have the talent there for it to get back to some of the levels we were enjoying in the late 90s and early 2000s. Is there another Rock or Stone Cold in their talent pool that just needs the room to grow into something new?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
IMO, MJF is the only potential Stone Cold or Rock out there. He's really young and his mic skills are the best in the business at this moment.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Geez I hope so. For whatever reason, WWE still has a ton of fans so I guess McMahon was doing something right, but they totally lost me after they got the initial bump from the WWF/WCW merger in 2002. I don't think there's any coincidence that wrestling was best in the late 90s due to the competition. I will always say Wrestlemania 18 was the pinnacle, as all the stars were there, and it's been downhill ever since with no one to challenge WWE. There's very few 'pops' anymore, just not the same, outside of a few big returns here and there.

Here's to hoping Triple H can get it back on the right track.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
And making RAW 2 hours instead of 3 will help. It's been so watered down with crappy promos for the past 10 years.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
On one hand, I think fans need to temper their expectations because regardless of who’s in charge of WWE creative, it’s a very different product today than it was 20-25 years ago. It’s reaching hundreds of millions of more people, and it isn’t going to suddenly go back to DX shenanigans that kids can’t watch.

On the other hand, not having blood or bra & panty matches isn’t why WWE has sucked balls for over a decade. It’s sucked because Vince went from legendary pioneer to an indecisive, micromanaging nutcase. Scripted promos, an entire list of words that would get you fired if said on air, booking changes at the last minute… he created both the best of times and the current shitshow.

I don’t think we’re going back to the attitude era or possibly even ruthless aggression any time soon, but I do think HHH is going to make vast improvements to roster management, character appeal, and story telling. I’m looking forward to the changes, and all indications are that locker room morale is way up

tired

Sep 16, 2013
IMO, MJF is the only potential Stone Cold or Rock out there. He's really young and his mic skills are the best in the business at this moment.

I agree, the best in all of wrestling. There’s another young guy that I really like, but his name escapes me.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login