OT: YouTube TV

TheBigEDawg

Feb 24, 2008
Anyone hear of new features offered by YouTube TV? Supposedly, one is the ability to watch four channels at once. That would come in handy during football season. Of course, I'm sure they will make you pay extra for it like 4K.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
“Mosaic Mode”, I believe it’s called. I haven’t seen it rolled out, but I have nothing but good things to say about YouTube TV.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
“Mosaic Mode”, I believe it’s called. I haven’t seen it rolled out, but I have nothing but good things to say about YouTube TV.

I've tried them all and YTTV is the most reliable streaming service out there imo.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Anyone hear of new features offered by YouTube TV? Supposedly, one is the ability to watch four channels at once. That would come in handy during football season. Of course, I'm sure they will make you pay extra for it like 4K.

Via Apple TV you can watch four screens at once on the ESPN App.

was21

May 29, 2007
If I watched four games at one time, doubt if I'd enjoy any of them.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I’m about to cancel dtv. You’re saying you get secn+ but not espn+? That’s seems strange

ETA: I see that you can get hulu live tv with Disney and espn+ for basically the same price. Why would hulu not be the choice?

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I think it’s $7 cheaper per month for that hulu live package vs YTTV with separate Disney/hulu/espn bundle. But the consensus is YTTV is better. I know I’m not about to look at switching from YTTV for $7 per month when I really like it. Plus Espn+ just doesnt bring much value….for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
I think it’s $7 cheaper per month for that hulu live package vs YTTV with separate Disney/hulu/espn bundle. But the consensus is YTTV is better. I know I’m not about to look at switching to YTTV for $7 per month when I really like it. Plus Espn+ just doesnt bring much value….for now.

The YouTube TV format is so much easier to navigate and find your channels than HULU Live.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Do you get espn+ with it

ESPN+ is pretty much worthless unless you like MLS, NHL, and a MLB game here and there. The college football, basketball, and baseball is mostly various small conferences so you can watch a big rivalry football game like Harvard vs Yale or some Lacrosse. You would also get the 30 for 30 library and Peyton and Eli Places series.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
ESPN+ is pretty much worthless unless you like MLS, NHL, and a MLB game here and there. The college football, basketball, and baseball is mostly various small conferences so you can watch a big rivalry football game like Harvard vs Yale or some Lacrosse. You would also get the 30 for 30 library and Peyton and Eli Places series.

I use ESPN+ with golf the most. All the majors and big tournaments are on ESPN+ in the mornings

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
I’m about to cancel dtv. You’re saying you get secn+ but not espn+? That’s seems strange

ETA: I see that you can get hulu live tv with Disney and espn+ for basically the same price. Why would hulu not be the choice?

Compare the channel lineup between Hulu Live and YTTV. If it’s for sports, YTTV includes everything where it looks like Hulu is regional. Depends on what you want but Hulu only shows to have SEC Network where as YTTV has PAC12, ACC, BIG10 networks included. YTTV has Paramount. Hulu has History channel. The basic channels are similar but there are little differences. That’s up to each subscriber to decide.

ESPN+ is a subscription service. Any TV service that “includes” it as a bundle or whatever they choose to call it is just including it with the price you pay. It still requires you to login to the ESPN+ portion of the ESPN app.

SEC Network+ is just a streaming add-on that’s activated by your TV service provider whether it be Dish/DirecTV/Cable/Streaming service.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Via Apple TV you can watch four screens at once on the ESPN App.

I was ready to switch but have an older tv with Apple TV and we just had trouble operating and switching channels. As soon as I update to a smart QLED 4K TV that I'm looking at and can use an updated TV remote to stream straight through the TV app on the TV itself I'm switching. The only thing I saw missing from YTTV was the History Channel but they clearly had a better product.

coachnorm

Jul 23, 2015
I was ready to switch but have an older tv with Apple TV and we just had trouble operating and switching channels. As soon as I update to a smart QLED 4K TV that I'm looking at and can use an updated TV remote to stream straight through the TV app on the TV itself I'm switching. The only thing I saw missing from YTTV was the History Channel but they clearly had a better product.

If you get the newer smart tv you will change your game. Your current service is probably about $120.00 and that will be cut in half. If you add YouTube TV, you can add 4 family members on your account so you and 4 others get the best sport service for about $65.00. If you research the standard YouTube and upgrade to YouTube Premium you will greatly expand your "History Channel". For every "ONE" content on "The History Channel" there are hundreds of offerings on YouTube: once you enhance your YouTube knowledge. My family members have returned my inclusion by including me into their subscriptions. For a $65.00 YouTube TV my return is Apple TV+, Netflix, Amazon Video, Paramont Plus, HBO Max, and Peacock. I rarely watch my YouTube TV outside of sports and some local news. In short, I bet you will be in the game once you visit Costco or Bestbuy.

Cheers

Last edited:

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006

My wife wouldn’t let me do more than one at a time even if I could.***

#nopineapples

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login