Our country lost a hero and we lost a damn good Dawg

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
RIP to Judge John Fraiser. Truly part of greatest generation and loved his Bulldogs.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
RIP to Judge John Fraiser. Truly part of greatest generation and loved his Bulldogs.

Interesting.......my dad left MSU in the summer of 1943 and became a bombardier in a B-24. On a return trip after a bombing run he had to take over for the nose gunner who got shot. He completed 35 missions and was only partially shot down and crash landed once. He told me after getting out of the plane, there were 50 cal. enemy rounds in the side of the plane you could put your fist through. He kneeled down and kissed the ground.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Remember meeting him as a kid in Greenwood when he was running for re-election. Those flights dodging Nazi Flak were the most dangerous jobs any soldier had during WWII. Great Man.

Last edited:

Maroonbulldog

Mar 3, 2008
Some of my treasured memories will be of the chats Mr John and I had at some baseball games.

He surprised me and opened up one night telling me some of his stories of WWII. It was a rare treat for a WWII veteran to open up- since most of those guys didn’t want to relive it.

He had such a full and interesting life-

we did indeed lose a good one

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login