Our defense

KingBarkus

May 1, 2006
This meathead we have as a coach sees all this and doesn’t take over coaching and calling the defense.

• Sad
Reactions: eckie1

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We're going to find out if we have any chance of having a defensive coach or not on this drive. He has to realize what he has been doing. Since this quarterback stepped on the field what we have been doing is not going to work.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I don't think I ever says I wanted to be the head coach. His defenses were better last year and did win us games. I questioned his promotion back in December. I didn't think he was ready. We need experience and not an experiment

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Here is something to think about just who on our defense would be an NFL candidate. It doesn't matter if Joe Lee Dunn is the DC of this group. They just don't have the talent

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
This D is an insult to the state of Mississippi and the sport of football. Just reprehensible.

was21

May 29, 2007
Is a bourbon street ho

anybody can score
Thank Leach. He didn't give a **** about it. He figured he could always outscore the opponent with his quirky offense. So he hired a pedestrian DC who, ironically, saved Leach *** when his quirky offense didn't quirk.

Reactions: dog12

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Most of our "playmakers" on defense seem to vanish for quarters at a time. I think I heard the announcers say Crumedy's name more in one game last year then in the full season so far. Watson doesn't seem as aggressive this year as last. The secondary is as porous as swiss cheese. Just not a good defense.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Hot garbage

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I posted the national rankings for our defense the last three years. It was in the forties once and sixties the other two years. You ain't saving nobody's a$$ with that kind of defense. We don't play in the Pac12. Arnett never had a good defense. 2018 was the last good defense we had

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The recruits we have on defense were recruited under his watch.
Recruited by Arnett. Leach allowed him the freedom to run the defense as he wanted which included recruiting players for his system. Leach concentrated on the offense. Other than the offensive line that is learning new blocking schemes we seem to be moving the ball. Blaming Leach is just asinine.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
There’s just no way to ever know what would’ve happened had Leach not passed. But I have to imagine we’d be better than this. The job is too big for Arnett. If just our offense was struggling, that would be understandable. But he’s a DC. How has he not gotten more out of this group? That’s not on Leach. That’s on him.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I wonder who is to blame for not having more sophomore or junior DL. Our DL is destroyed because we have 2 injured redshirt freshmen DL ? Did Leach not let Arnett sign any 2 years ago ? Or Arnett just didn't? Why not grab one or two from the portal maybe instead of Roberson or Lee ? Idk. Seems funky to me. We have several CB. Why can't we find 2 that can cover ??

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I wonder who is to blame for not having more sophomore or junior DL. Our DL is destroyed because we have 2 injured redshirt freshmen DL ? Did Leach not let Arnett sign any 2 years ago ? Or Arnett just didn't? Why not grab one or two from the portal maybe instead of Roberson or Lee ? Idk. Seems funky to me. We have several CB. Why can't we find 2 that can cover ??
Yeah. I get that injuries have left us thinner than paper on the DL, but how the hell did we ever let ourselves get into a position where a couple of injuries just decimated us like this?

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah. I get that injuries have left us thinner than paper on the DL, but how the hell did we ever let ourselves get into a position where a couple of injuries just decimated us like this?
We concentrated highly on receivers offensive line and qbs. We had to recruit to air raid to have all the receivers. Then in transition we concentrated on tight ends.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login