Our fan base will call this a moral victory…….

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Our offense picked themselves up off the ground and are playing ball. defense needs to start all over again.

The game ball goes to the SEC referees tonight. It wasn't just that fumble. They made every close call go South Carolina's way, but they did not lose the game. You can't say that when you gave up as many of those long touchdown passes and runs as we did.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
They had multiple scoring drives of 90 plus yards. We can moan about the refs. They cost us 3 points for sure. But our D cost us huge. The DC ought to be on the curb today.

Reactions: josebrown

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
We played better because SC is a terrible team!
I agree in the sense that sc defense is bad, no pass rush , bad linebackers and can’t cover. When Will gets pressure we shut down on offense. auburn isn’t good but they will put pressure on Will and have some talent on defense. Arkansas looked good tonight.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
All the fans on Facebook are calling it a moral victory which I don't think any L is moral anything. I'm getting roasted for stating the obvious.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I bet nobody on here thought Arkansas would go to the last minute v LSU after week 3. Losing to BYU at home??? Terrible.

Point is, we looked better today on offense. Not so much on defense. But things can change from week to week and I like our chances v WMU, Auburn, UK, USM and OM.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It’s a loss in a winnable game and that’s disappointing. Our defense stinks like I feared. Our offense might be figuring some things out so I’ll take that if nothing else.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
The offense looked better b/c they played a ****** defense. Will is still slow to react which cost us some plays. It’s obvious we made a poor coaching choice at this point but we are where we are for the next few years.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I actually enjoyed watching us play football and thought we were going to win until the infamous fumble. The team seemed to give a **** and didn’t give up after last week and then going down 14.

considering the fact that watching football is something I do for 3 hours a week before I have to go back to the real world, I consider that a win.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
The offense looked better b/c they played a ****** defense. Will is still slow to react which cost us some plays. It’s obvious we made a poor coaching choice at this point but we are where we are for the next few years.
I agree South Carolina is one of the last easy defenses we will see. the offense should just go 10 personnel and forget all the 12 stuff unless it’s goal line packages. This is a air roster and that’s about the only way it’s going to move the chains.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The offense improved because 2 guys decided they wanted to go out and do what they do best. This was not Barbays offense. This OL couldn't open a hole in a wet paper bag. SC got pressure pretty regularly. Our defense is a joke. The entire staff should be fired.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Moral victory? It was the most winnable SEC game on our schedule and we pissed it away. Where's the victory in that?
I really don’t see who we can beat with a defense this slow. Every QB we face can run and at least throw to the flats. That’s all it takes against these dudes.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I agree in the sense that sc defense is bad, no pass rush , bad linebackers and can’t cover. When Will gets pressure we shut down on offense. auburn isn’t good but they will put pressure on Will and have some talent on defense. Arkansas looked good tonight.
Auburn’s front 7 is pretty decent. They’ll kick our *** with Ashford alone.

Reactions: blitz2Win

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
It's not even an amoral victory. We lost. All we can do is accept it. We played better on offense though. Well a couple of players did. Will had almost 500 yards passing but that still wasn't enough against a team only as good as South Carolina. We should be in a few games this year but this defense isn't stopping anyone consistently without turnovers. Will and Tulu are good. I thought by now Walley would be his guy, though. Can only imagine what Bama's gonna do to our running game. Work-in-progess Milroe will have his best passing day so far.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login