Our first commit of the 2024 season.....

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
....has one of the best films I have ever seen. Josh Flowers is the REAL deal!! Chris Parson has good films as well. Folks, I think we have 2 of the best QBs we've ever recruited in back to back years. Both are better than what I saw from Greek, Robertson, and Locke. (and I actually liked Greek's film better than Robertson or Locke's). Flowers has got some unreal wheels and throws extremely accurately. Flowers reminds me of former Auburn QB Nick Marshall. Extremely dangerous if you flush him out of the pocket, but looks like a much better passer than Marshall. Both have better looking films than Dak Prescott had at Haughton High School. My only worry is that both of these QBs were highly recruited and will not go unrecruited by the big boys with much bigger NIL accounts. We know our history of having good players poached by the big SEC schools. I expect Auburn and BAMA will back up the Brinks truck to keep Flowers in state. And FSU wanted Parson badly, so I don't think they will leave him alone either. I sure hope their commitments are like Dak's even when LSU came in late and offered. He stuck with the Maroon & White even with all the pressure from the Tigers. Keeping both of these QBs are priority #1. Go Dogs!!

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
This is what happens when you have sustained success for as long as we have (13 straight bowl games): You start consistently landing better and better recruits as none of them are old enough to remember a time when we weren't any good at the football. For these kid's entire memorable life, Mississippi State has been a solid program that puts a ton of guys in the league. That track record plus being in the nation's premier conference, having great training facilities and a nice stadium gives us as much to offer as any program in the country outside of the 5-7 national title contending elites (Bama, Ohio State, Georgia, etc).

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I have seen where folks (on here and off) are saying Auburn might come after this kid. If they do and offer more NIL money than we could ever dream of do we think he will flip?

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
This is what happens when you have sustained success for as long as we have (13 straight bowl games): You start consistently landing better and better recruits as none of them are old enough to remember a time when we weren't any good at the football. For these kid's entire memorable life, Mississippi State has been a solid program that puts a ton of guys in the league. That track record plus being in the nation's premier conference, having great training facilities and a nice stadium gives us as much to offer as any program in the country outside of the 5-7 national title contending elites (Bama, Ohio State, Georgia, etc).
Yet we're still going to be, at best, a 8-9 win team every 5-6 years and finish in the bottom two or three in the league in recruiting.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Bama has 5-6 qbs on their roster now, not sure about Aub, but they’re a dumpster fire right now & recruits know it. We have a more stable program plus the pub we got from our players in the NFL. State may not be a national brand, but we are definitely known throughout the Southeast as a legit program. No more poor ol’ bs.

My thoughts on Flowers, he’s legit & physically talented enough to win the starting nod in a couple years given the opportunity.

Everyone has been wanting an accurate passing qb with athleticism & wheels. Well Flowers is it.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Bama has 5-6 qbs on their roster now, not sure about Aub, but they’re a dumpster fire right now & recruits know it. We have a more stable program plus the pub we got from our players in the NFL. State may not be a national brand, but we are definitely known throughout the Southeast as a legit program. No more poor ol’ bs.

My thoughts on Flowers, he’s legit & physically talented enough to win the starting nod in a couple years given the opportunity.

Everyone has been wanting an accurate passing qb with athleticism & wheels. Well Flowers is it.
Hit the brakes on auburn and dumpster fire. The now number 1 RB in the state is from my town and Cadillac and Hugh have him torn between his childhood fav(guess who) and the plains. Auburn will start winning very soon.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Hit the brakes on auburn and dumpster fire. The now number 1 RB in the state is from my town and Cadillac and Hugh have him torn between his childhood fav(guess who) and the plains. Auburn will start winning very soon.
Auburn’s going to have a great running back? Like every year? Look out!

Reactions: patdog

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
I didn't say you had to like it but given our history give me one, just one, reason why that is not an accurate statement. FYI, "17 this" is not a reason.

• Sad

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s great but they might not be worth a darn in college.

There is no sure thing in college.
And, some 3* QB nobody pays much attention to may become our next Dak Prescott. You just never know how a high school kid is going to project to the SEC, unless he's a true 5* commit (and even some of them don't pan out).

Reactions: paindonthurt

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
....has one of the best films I have ever seen. Josh Flowers is the REAL deal!! Chris Parson has good films as well. Folks, I think we have 2 of the best QBs we've ever recruited in back to back years. Both are better than what I saw from Greek, Robertson, and Locke. (and I actually liked Greek's film better than Robertson or Locke's). Flowers has got some unreal wheels and throws extremely accurately. Flowers reminds me of former Auburn QB Nick Marshall. Extremely dangerous if you flush him out of the pocket, but looks like a much better passer than Marshall. Both have better looking films than Dak Prescott had at Haughton High School. My only worry is that both of these QBs were highly recruited and will not go unrecruited by the big boys with much bigger NIL accounts. We know our history of having good players poached by the big SEC schools. I expect Auburn and BAMA will back up the Brinks truck to keep Flowers in state. And FSU wanted Parson badly, so I don't think they will leave him alone either. I sure hope their commitments are like Dak's even when LSU came in late and offered. He stuck with the Maroon & White even with all the pressure from the Tigers. Keeping both of these QBs are priority #1. Go Dogs!!
Born and raised in Mobile and was surprised to see a 6’3, dual-threat, cannon arm monster from BAKER high school of all places. When I was in high school, 2003-2007, Baker (and don’t mean to offend anyone who went there and reads this) was the country boy/red neck public white school that sucked in football and basketball but was always good in Baseball. Maybe the school profile has changed since then.

Unfortunately this type of recruit just has “decommits at last minute to sign with ________” written all over him. A talent like that is gonna be hard to hold onto for 1+ years unless we pony up.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I have seen where folks (on here and off) are saying Auburn might come after this kid. If they do and offer more NIL money than we could ever dream of do we think he will flip?
I'm thinkin' at this juncture somebody on our staff has done a light's out job crootin' this young man. Relationships and schit.

ETA: Do those who like or respond to your posts get demerits From Above?

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I didn’t say they wouldn’t eventually come out of it, it is Auburn, but that athletic program is a gnats *** away from imploding. I know someone fairly close to the situation. There is currently infighting. It has hurt their recruiting. Ask Flowers why he isn’t going to Aub. Now that could change, but I’m speaking in the here & now.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
Auburn is not interested in Flowers, they already have their qb and their board has stated that the coaching staff feels Flowers is “raw” as a passer

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I'm thinkin' at this juncture somebody on our staff has done a light's out job crootin' this young man. Relationships and schit.

ETA: Do those who like or respond to your posts get demerits From Above?
I am hoping we can indeed keep this young man. Did not mean to imply otherwise just nervous about NIL rearing its ugly head on this one.

As far as I know there are no demerits, but it is not like those folks up there talk to me much so I can guarantee nothing.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login