Our friend Ian says Stone Cold Jones is not on the 53 man Chiefs roster

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Stall in the talks and hold out while his contract is worked out.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Not sure how much they were offering him. I'm sure it was obscene money but I bet he wants to be the top paid DL in the league.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
He'll be fine. Chiefs lose a couple 3 or 4 score games and they will find the money.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I hope he is not making a mistake.
He plays a premium position in the NFL and is arguably the best in the NFL at that position. This might end with him not being on the chiefs but it’ll probably end with a massive contract for him.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Not here. I’m new school. Know your worth and make sure you get that ****, period. If he signs today he’s better than 90% of his position group.

Reactions: Hot Rock

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
Same here. I'm old school, you sign a contract you honor it, period. If he signs today, he's nowhere need game ready opening day
Except that it's not really a contract, it a way for the owners to keep your rights until they decide that they don't want you any more.

Reactions: Hot Rock

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Same here. I'm old school, you sign a contract you honor it, period. If he signs today, he's nowhere need game ready opening day

Except the NFL blew this loyalty up long ago with their contract model.

CJ’s representation sees the writing on the wall, which is this is his last year under contract and he’s an aging (29 years old) but not quite expired asset, so they know the Chiefs are only going to want to go year by year with the franchise tag from 2024 on, or make him walk in free agency.

As counterintuitive as it is, he’s actually doing this because he wants to remain a Chief for the rest of his prime years, but they have been low-balling him on an extension. This is the only leverage he has to get himself one more good contract in KC. If he didn’t care at all about staying there, he could play out this year and then hit free agency, or play under the tag for a year before doing so. But its always the agents behind these holdouts. Its never the player doing it on their own.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Old School is getting run the 17 over.

You have to use whatever card you are dealt to get the most you can get for you and your family. If you don't, the NFL will eat you up and spit you out. It's hard to get your fair share otherwise. Not one single NFL player will begrudge him trying to get paid.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login