Our Girl Golfers are at it again

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
It would be poetic if we won it all this year.

The 2021 Baton Rouge womens golf regional was rained out, which is where we were placed and had just competed for the SEC title. In the most absurd turn of events ever, instead of delaying the event, the highest seed (old miss) moved on. Then, they won it all.

If we win it all this year, it would be a complete mirror image of the past couple of years between each schools baseball and WG programs. Which is kinda cool…

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
5 players are competing for each team and the 4 lowest scores for the round count towards that teams daily total.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They've got a legit chance to win it all. One elite player, one very good player and 3 players solid enough to go pretty low in any round.

Stanford is the clear best team right now, but they're pretty reliant on the best player in the country, Rose Zhang, who has been mostly unbeatable all year.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
They've got a legit chance to win it all. One elite player, one very good player and 3 players solid enough to go pretty low in any round.

Stanford is the clear best team right now, but they're pretty reliant on the best player in the country, Rose Zhang, who has been mostly unbeatable all year.
From what very little I've seen of looking at stats, what our team has is depth. All 5 players are ranked in the top 180 nationally, with Lopez Ramirez ranked at #2. If someone has a bad round, there's 4 good players to pick her up.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
From what very little I've seen of looking at stats, what our team has is depth. All 5 players are ranked in the top 180 nationally, with Lopez Ramirez ranked at #2. If someone has a bad round, there's 4 good players to pick her up.

Yes, and if they can get to the Final 8 match play round that depth becomes very important since the lowest ranked player is as important as the highest.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
Girls won the regional by 2 strokes, Julia tied for first place individual with Amanda Sambach from UVA, she's a great player also. Hannah finished third. Outstanding play! How LSU's coach got SEC Coach of the Year is absolute nonsense. Charlie should have had that all the way.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
FYI, women's NCAA Championship tourney begins next Friday (May 19) at Grayhawk in Scottsdale.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login