Our team basketball IQ is Zero

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Waste of time for State fans to put emotions into basketball.

Baseball is and always will be 1st. Football can and should be at the least a fun experience for State fans because of the atmosphere and family environment for tailgating when the students and non student young people sit act like complete asses!

But when Cam Matthews and DJ Jeffries have to play together because of Defense but both offer very little offensively, you are always playing 3 on 5 on the offensive end. Heck, they both spend so much time on the perimeter waiting for the clock to run down so they can shoot, therefore they aren't near the goal for offensive rebounds, their defense is useless.

I'd rather win 85-80 then to keep losing 66-60 or 57-54. Thst is crappy basketball. Not interesting in watching that kind of basketball.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Jans said on postgame radio his message to the players wasn’t getting through to them.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Jans said on postgame radio his message to the players wasn’t getting through to them.
And who's fault is that? Was he looking in the mirror when he said it or was he pointing at the locker room?

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Lamont Paris said instead of talking about Miss State in the week leading up to the game, he coached getting better at competitiveness and blocking out.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
And who's fault is that? Was he looking in the mirror when he said it or was he pointing at the locker room?
So we're talking about firing Jans now?

Ya'll wanted our national title winning baseball coach fired. Ya'll wanted a proven Leach fired because he lost to Ole Miss twice. Ya'll wanted Mullen fired because, who knows. Many of you wanted Cohen fired up until 2011.

We wonder why nobody wants to coach here.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Ya'll wanted our national title winning baseball coach fired. Ya'll wanted a proven Leach fired because he lost to Ole Miss twice. Ya'll wanted Mullen fired because, who knows. Many of you wanted Cohen fired up until 2011.

Hey dipshat, show me ANYWHERE in my post that the word fire, fired, terminated, released or any form of those was used? Matter of fact, I asked for clarification on something HE said, not something I said. Why don't you answer it, since you're the smartest SOB on this board by far, why don't you think HIS message is getting through to them, and why not and who's fault is that? And I'll wait for you to point out where firing him was discussed while you're at it.

Reactions: JoeSchmedlap

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023

Baseball is and always will be 1st. Football can and should be at the least a fun experience for State fans because of the atmosphere and family environment for tailgating when the students and non student young people sit act like complete asses!

But when Cam Matthews and DJ Jeffries have to play together because of Defense but both offer very little offensively, you are always playing 3 on 5 on the offensive end. Heck, they both spend so much time on the perimeter waiting for the clock to run down so they can shoot, therefore they aren't near the goal for offensive rebounds, their defense is useless.

I'd rather win 85-80 then to keep losing 66-60 or 57-54. Thst is crappy basketball. Not interesting in watching that kind of basketball.
College baseball is laughable and nobody outside of MS and LA give a rip about it. Talk about a boring sport. Cornhole draws just as good in viewership.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

Our shhitbird fans never, ever, fuucking ever appreciate what we have.

Badon

Jun 12, 2006

Nah. I grew up near Starkville and it’s always been:
1. Football
2. Basketball
3. Baseball

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Nah. I grew up near Starkville and it’s always been:
1. Football
2. Basketball
3. Baseball
I agree with this. Some legit bulldog polls out there over the years and this has been the winning order consistently and overwhelmingly

Reactions: Badon

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
College baseball is laughable and nobody outside of MS and LA give a rip about it. Talk about a boring sport. Cornhole draws just as good in viewership.
You are as predictable as golfer, hating on baseball even right in the middle of a debate about basketball. Your little league baseball coach obviously touched you somewhere he shouldn't have

Reactions: Anon1697564126

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

I got news, baseball ain't good again this year. Screw baseball!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login