Our team ERA is 5.04 and BA is .270 halfway through the season.....

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
....yet we are 18-12 (4-5).

You guys who doubt Lemonis' management are idiots. If nothing else, he knows how to make the crawfish.

We will see long-term on recruiting, but considering his reputation was one of a great recruiter, me thinks that'll turn out differently than Mobile Bay's (closet Auburn fan) wishes.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’m still waiting on some idiot to point out the misses Lemonis had in recruiting.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I mean, we only hit .278 last year and had an era over 4. It's not the stats. It's the W's and L's. And we're only a game or two back of what we were in the SEC at this point last year.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
We were 5-4 last year and we are 4-5 in SEC play this year. However, we did win a game against Arkansas this year!

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Woke up this morning convinced we are getting better and will somehow wind up in someone else's regional. Then we'll see what happens.

Hail State! and That's Baseball.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Woke up this morning convinced we are getting better and will somehow wind up in someone else's regional. Then we'll see what happens.

Hail State! and That's Baseball.

All comes down to the pitching. The bats are good enough, even if erratic. A lot of moving parts seems to have communication on the field a little choppy at times, so we need to get that worked out but we're better. No doubt about it.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
The batting average is a little misleading about the quality of our offense, we are in the Top 10 nationally in home runs and Top 20 in runs scored. We don’t hit for great average but offensively we’ve largely been good enough. Pitching is the biggest issue.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We have a solid staff in Lemo, Gautreau and Foxhall. If you want to pick on one - it would be Foxhall, IMO. I think this pitching staff is going to take its lumps the rest of the 2022 season. That might be true even if Fristoe and KC Hunt get up and running. Bednar's June performances saved some criticism of Foxhall last year.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I am really pulling for Fristoe to become a weekend guy. I think he has the best breaking balls I've seen from our pitchers. It looks like our overall pitching has improved a lot as the season has progressed.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
And it could have been way worse, after losing our Friday ace, our best reliever in Simmons, and KC Hunt for a good portion so far. All in a clear re-build year. It's a damn miracle we are still in the discussion.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I think/hope it'll be next year. This year he is the closest thing we have to a Sims-like hammer late in games. Let him build his confidence in that role and propel that into a Saturday starter role next year.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I think/hope it'll be next year. This year he is the closest thing we have to a Sims-like hammer late in games. Let him build his confidence in that role and propel that into a Saturday starter role next year.

Wouldn’t get your hopes up for next year. He’s already draft eligible.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
The batting average is a little misleading about the quality of our offense, we are in the Top 10 nationally in home runs and Top 20 in runs scored. We don’t hit for great average but offensively we’ve largely been good enough. Pitching is the biggest issue.

We've become a launch angle era type hitting team, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. Low averages and higher HR totals aren't good baseball IMO. It's erratic hitting, and that's what we've got. I prefer a balance in the lineup that we just don't have this year. To each their own I guess.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login