Our woman’s basketball coach is a

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Arnept

Nov 26, 2023
He also has pulled the program out of the deep hole it was in after Schaefer left. Ever since Purcell was hired, we've righted the ship and have turned into a respectable WBB team again. Will it ever be Schaefer level again? Probably not. But its a lot better than it was a couple years ago.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
He also has pulled the program out of the deep hole it was in after Schaefer left. Ever since Purcell was hired, we've righted the ship and have turned into a respectable WBB team again. Will it ever be Schaefer level again? Probably not. But its a lot better than it was a couple years ago.

I mean this season not been that much different than recent ones. We have been a bubble team basically every year since Vic left, other than two years ago when we were merely WNIT caliber with an interim coach and like 6 players.

He does deserve credit for two NCAAT wins last year (they were a bubble team that got in and then won some) and also a Top 10 LSU win this year. But he’s also taken some absolutely terrible losses. And is in danger of not making the tourney this year after it seemed like a shoe in several weeks ago. There’s no denying that they collapsed pretty spectacularly down the stretch. Thank gosh they had a 2-14 Mizzou team at home to stop the skid (for now).

Reactions: knock him out john

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
..ssy… nothing but a damn 105 lb girl cheerleader. It’s an embarrassment when he get a hold of a microphone and squeals like he does…. No doubt in my mind he has created half the damn drama on this team.
Can't say I disagree. He's a clown. Especially when he talks to the ladies back in the studio, it starts getting real fru fru then. Be hard to take him serious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anon1664516582

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
..ssy… nothing but a damn 105 lb girl cheerleader. It’s an embarrassment when he get a hold of a microphone and squeals like he does…. No doubt in my mind he has created half the damn drama on this team.
What drama? Can you point me to this drama? The team has been fighting covid.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Apparently his wife and daughters love him. And the alleged females affiliated with his team love him. So, I reckon that's a plus for him. But he does need to curb the enthusiasm and flamboyance a little for my taste.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
What I hate about him is how he seems to change his dialect and how he pronounces words depending on who he is talking to....

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
I think I know why the ladies love him. My wife a has friend just like him…not that there’s anything wrong with that

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I hope u are right, haven't seen anywhere about Covid except from you.
Im right. I'm not saying the team is perfect, but it's been hitting the team since about the KY game. Hard to do much when your energy and breathing is zapped. Jerk is just coming back from it. It's why she didn't put up much a few games.l and she's a helluva player.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Maroonbulldog

Mar 3, 2008
The team has been battling illness for several weeks. Plus a virus running through the team last week. There were several games where you could just see them wear out after the 3rd and run out of gas.

For me, I like the positive attitude- and enthusiasm he shows but to each their own.

As for Mr anonymous who started this thread- I’m pretty sure they are getting exactly what wanted was wanted w
these responses

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
The team has been battling illness for several weeks. Plus a virus running through the team last week. There were several games where you could just see them wear out after the 3rd and run out of gas.

For me, I like the positive attitude- and enthusiasm he shows but to each their own.

As for Mr anonymous who started this thread- I’m pretty sure they are getting exactly what wanted was wanted w
these responses
What's that old saying - he who smelt it dealt it

ZetaDawg03

Dec 31, 2023
This is weird. Talking more about this man’s speech and mannerisms while making insinuations about his sexuality instead of his actual coaching ability is disgusting. If he makes you that uncomfortable just don’t watch. Vic is gone. Get over it. It may be helpful to do some self-reflection because these comments tell me some of yall are immature and ignorant.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Sixpack posters: “Leach is too stoic on the sideline! He looks like he doesn’t even care about the game!”
Also Sixpack posters: “Purcell is too excitable and flamboyant! He’s probably causing drama with that attitude!”
I swear, Jesus Christ could come down from Heaven to coach one of our teams and many of y’all would b itch about it.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Sixpack posters: “Leach is too stoic on the sideline! He looks like he doesn’t even care about the game!”
Also Sixpack posters: “Purcell is too excitable and flamboyant! He’s probably causing drama with that attitude!”
I swear, Jesus Christ could come down from Heaven to coach one of our teams and many of y’all would b itch about it.

I would, because that would be the 2nd coming, and he'd have a lot more important **** to do than coaching at MSU. We need full commitment for the kinda money he'd be pulling down...

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
In the words of Herm, you play to win the game. I will not pretend to say I keep up with women's basketball. That being said, we are winning under this guy correct? Then what else matters?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login