Outside Coaching Search Perspectives

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Has to be realistic. Liepold Deboer etc are unrealistic. Honestly Chadwell is probly not realistic. Sumrall Fritz Herman are closer to reality

Reactions: ckDOG and patdog

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I think most fans are realistic. Chadwell will be our target, he'll want a mint to come though. Fritz is a hard no. Herman would have been a better option before he preformed poorly this season. I don't know enough about Sumrall. The more I read about Jeff Traylor to better he sounds, i think he is who we end up with.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Heard Bartoo this morning on the Chick Oliver show and he contradicted what I’ve been hearing from other national guys. Basically said that we could double a lot of salaries, top 25 talent, coach against the best, and have recent evidence showing that you can win here.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I think most fans are realistic. Chadwell will be our target, he'll want a mint to come though. Fritz is a hard no. Herman would have been a better option before he preformed poorly this season. I don't know enough about Sumrall. The more I read about Jeff Traylor to better he sounds, i think he is who we end up with.
Out of curiosity- why hard no on Fritz? Age?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
You said realistic but I didn’t see or hear anything about how we should tear down our stadium… **

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Out of curiosity- why hard no on Fritz? Age?
Yes and his 2016-2021 record. Those results were mostly against equivalent competition.

I'm concerned his 2022-2023 success is as much due to a generational QB as anything else.

Plus we have to have someone who will be super aggressive out recruiting, working the portal, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: woozman

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Heard Bartoo this morning on the Chick Oliver show and he contradicted what I’ve been hearing from other national guys. Basically said that we could double a lot of salaries, top 25 talent, coach against the best, and have recent evidence showing that you can win here.
Bartoo is a shyster, but I agree with him on those points. We can pay $8mil, but will we?

Zarbok

Dec 2, 2022
Realistic? They think we should go 4-8, 0-8 in conference every year it sounds like. He was we need a coach that can steal 2 SEC wins every year because they lazy and didn't watch tape just so we can go 6-6. These guys are jokes who think State should be just above Vandy and that's it.

State will probably never win a natty, but a 10-2 or a wild 11-1 year every 3-6 years is wholly believable with our facilities, MS talent level, and xfer portal. We've been in and out of the top 25 since Mullen took over until this year. He proved you can put a winning product on the field. It's BS to think Ole Miss can be a top 10 team but State can't

patdog

May 28, 2007
Realistic? They think we should go 4-8, 0-8 in conference every year it sounds like. He was we need a coach that can steal 2 SEC wins every year because they lazy and didn't watch tape just so we can go 6-6. These guys are jokes who think State should be just above Vandy and that's it.

State will probably never win a natty, but a 10-2 or a wild 11-1 year every 3-6 years is wholly believable with our facilities, MS talent level, and xfer portal. We've been in and out of the top 25 since Mullen took over until this year. He proved you can put a winning product on the field. It's BS to think Ole Miss can be a top 10 team but State can't
We have won 10 regular season games once in our history. A 9-win regular season every 5-10 is realistic. Anything above that isn't. BTW, Mississipppi has been a top 10 team once in the last 53 years (10th in 2015).

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

💯agreed. These guys don’t know much about State. I listened to their show, and they had us in the same tier as Kent State (David v. Goliath) and said we had to hire a coach that runs an offense that allows us to sneak up on teams to get to 2 conference wins a year. Not realistic at all.

Mullen would have been the perfect coach if he’d ever given 100% instead of about 65%.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login