Overreaction, in either direction, seems irrational to me. (Oh wait, it's a message board, duh.)

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
The overreaction when we win or when we lose is legitimately astounding to me. It's either "Win the West" or "This can never work."

If we can go from "What if we beat Bama and/or Georgia" to "Fire Leach" in seven days, to me that says a lot more about the fans than the program.

It's not sunshine pumping -- anyone who knows me knows I tend toward pessimism after a lifetime of battered Bulldog syndrome. There are absolutely valid reasons to be concerned, but there are also valid reasons to think last night's poor performance is not the whole picture of this team's capabilities.

We have exactly the same team that some thought was a threat to Georgia three days ago, but with one additional (and obviously disappointing) data point. The team was flat and played poorly at Kentucky, and it stinks.

I think we beat OOC, we can beat Auburn, and I'm still not convinced we can't make a stand against OM for a possible 8th win. You never know how that game will play out.

If there are wholesale changes to the program after that, we'll cross that bridge. But the amplitude of how fast and how hard some folks flip back and forth is going to give some of y'all a heart attack.

Hail State!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We played well enough on defense in the first half to put up some offensive numbers and make them pass which is their weakness. However... we almost immediately lost our difference making RB and lost the one OL we could not afford to and that made our OL discipline fly out the window.

I just didn't realize we were that thin on the OL. I hope we have some more guys in the pipeline.

I'm really disappointed in the play of Marks, especially pass blocking. If you can stomach it go back and watch. Not much better catching the ball out of the backfield. I think he may be injured more than he is letting on.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The overreaction when we win or when we lose is legitimately astounding to me. It's either "Win the West" or "This can never work."

If we can go from "What if we beat Bama and/or Georgia" to "Fire Leach" in seven days, to me that says a lot more about the fans than the program.

It's not sunshine pumping -- anyone who knows me knows I tend toward pessimism after a lifetime of battered Bulldog syndrome. There are absolutely valid reasons to be concerned, but there are also valid reasons to think last night's poor performance is not the whole picture of this team's capabilities.

We have exactly the same team that some thought was a threat to Georgia three days ago, but with one additional (and obviously disappointing) data point. The team was flat and played poorly at Kentucky, and it stinks.

I think we beat OOC, we can beat Auburn, and I'm still not convinced we can't make a stand against OM for a possible 8th win. You never know how that game will play out.

If there are wholesale changes to the program after that, we'll cross that bridge. But the amplitude of how fast and how hard some folks flip back and forth is going to give some of y'all a heart attack.

Hail State!
It falls back to the fact there’s about 8 teams in the SEC that can beat each other at any random time.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login