P.A. At Dudy Noble

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I’m at the baseball field right now. Been here for an hour and a half ENDURING crappy music being played at MAXIMUM VOLUME over the P. A. system. The music is SO LOUD that the only to talk to my wife sitting in the seat next to me is to get 2” from her ear and shout! She is not currently hard of hearing but we both may be before we leave here. We are in Section 107. It’s nearly unbearable. I wish Cohen would come sit next to me and try to carry on a conversation. It’d probably get turned down then. I’ll bet it’s really pleasant in the press box where all the out-of-touch big wheels hang out but it sucks down here where us peons have to sit.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I’m at the baseball field right now. Been here for an hour and a half ENDURING crappy music being played at MAXIMUM VOLUME over the P. A. system. The music is SO LOUD that the only to talk to my wife sitting in the seat next to me is to get 2” from her ear and shout! She is not currently hard of hearing but we both may be before we leave here. We are in Section 107. It’s nearly unbearable. I wish Cohen would come sit next to me and try to carry on a conversation. It’d probably get turned down then. I’ll bet it’s really pleasant in the press box where all the out-of-touch big wheels hang out but it sucks down here where us peons have to sit.

Hang tight paw paw. I'm sure they'll get to playing wooly bully at some point.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I don’t really care that much what kind of music they play; I’d just like it turned down to a less painful level.

On a related note: when did they hire Gabriel Iglesias as the announcer?

irondawg007

Jan 23, 2007
I was there as well in section 108. The music, lights and atmosphere were simply amazing. Best experience we’ve had there. Unfortunately, for the old crowd, it gets very loud. But for these players, students and young alum, it is so improved and energetic. I’m in my mid 40s and loved it. So I consider myself young.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

That does sound painful.

My daughter plays high school lacrosse in Virginia, and I experience the same kind of ******** going to her games. Before the games, music is 17ing blaring at an unbelievable volume. Harry Styles type music . . . the kind of music silly high school girls would listen to . . . it 17ing sucks ***. Thank goodness they only play the music before the game and at halftime.

I've considered going into the pressbox (we play lacrosse at the HS football stadium) and confronting whomever is responsible for playing that 17ed up music at such a loud volume. I'm not exactly sure what I would say once I got there, but I do know that I would at least suggest lowering the 17ing volume of that ****** music. The ONLY reason I haven't done it yet is because I don't want to embarrass my daughter.

oh yeah

Aug 28, 2017
The crazy part to me was, the music was loud, but then you had a hard time hearing the PA announcer.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I don’t really care that much what kind of music they play; I’d just like it turned down to a less painful level.

Exactly.

Is it really necessary to have the volume at a such a ridiculously loud level? Isn't it bad to be near lots of really loud noise? Wouldn't that cause damage to your hearing?

Is there something wrong with having the volume at a "medium" level? If so, then what's wrong with it?

Maroonbulldog

Mar 3, 2008
I’m in 108, hard of hearing, and was still able to have convos w folks around me.

The crappy music came from requests that the marketing team was taking during the delays. To me it was hilarious with some of the “weather “ related songs fans were sending in. It was a fun way of making a bad situation more tolerable.

I’m sorry you didn’t like it, but there were a lot of us who did.

That’s the great thing about opinions- you can have your own and each be right.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I’m in 108, hard of hearing, and was still able to have convos w folks around me.

The crappy music came from requests that the marketing team was taking during the delays. To me it was hilarious with some of the “weather “ related songs fans were sending in. It was a fun way of making a bad situation more tolerable.

I’m sorry you didn’t like it, but there were a lot of us who did.

That’s the great thing about opinions- you can have your own and each be right.

This is one of those times when being hard of hearing (as you said you are) might be somewhat of a blessing. I agree that the weather-related songs were funny and appropriate; they were just TOO LOUD. Kind of like being in a night club and sitting right in front of the band where it's so loud you can't talk without shouting. Everyone could have still heard the music and been entertained by it if the volume level had been about 3/4 or even 2/3 of the level where it was. Also, as someone else mentioned, when the P. A. Announcer was speaking, the volume level of his voice was actually about right even if he did sound like Gabriel Iglesias without the accent.

Last edited:

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
I sat in the upper level for lsu. I concur. It was so loud I turned around and looked for the speakers to see how close we were. We moved down to the front row.

With that said, the volume would be tolerable if they weren't so distorted. They sound like my sparkomatics from 1985.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I sat in the upper level for lsu. I concur. It was so loud I turned around and looked for the speakers to see how close we were. We moved down to the front row.

With that said, the volume would be tolerable if they weren't so distorted. They sound like my sparkomatics from 1985.

I've seen musician rider contracts that specifically forbid these brand of speakers.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just saying.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Just wanted to bump this to say....

I sat in section O at swayze. The speakers were so loud.... I didn't even attempt a conversation with those next to me as music was played.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login