Pac 12 on life support

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Clearly, Ross reads the Pack.

Hey, I just realized… by the end of this week, the sports world could have a Sixpack and a Pac-6. Wild, though Sixpack is clearly better managed.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
PAC 12 TV deal will be signed and it will be less than desirable. They have no choice now.

Also they might have to start playing games earlier. Most of your viewers drop after 9pm central time.

Reactions: Dawgg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
raid shadow legends burn GIF

Their attitude the last few years......

patdog

May 28, 2007
“They got out-played by the Big 12,” says another TV executive.
And to think, 2 years ago, the Big 12 was begging the PAC-12 for a merger, which would have been more like a PAC-12 acquisition of the 8 remaining Big 12 schools. The PAC-12 turned them down. Not a good decision.

Last edited:

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Man, I thought this would be the Big 12 when schools went to Big 10 and PAC 12, and definitely after OK and UT announced they were leaving. Kudos to them for surviving.

I'm not a big fan of all this realignment. I liked it back when we had the Big 8, SWC, Pac10, SEC, B10, and ACC. Those were the good old days.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
make no mistake, without a TV deal, PAC12 is gone. and if this PAC 12 commish messed this up, he needs to find another career.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Man, I thought this would be the Big 12 when schools went to Big 10 and PAC 12, and definitely after OK and UT announced they were leaving. Kudos to them for surviving.

I'm not a big fan of all this realignment. I liked it back when we had the Big 8, SWC, Pac10, SEC, B10, and ACC. Those were the good old days.
Yep, the old SWC was a fun league. I have always loved PAC football. This is a sad time.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
PAC 12 TV deal will be signed and it will be less than desirable. They have no choice now.

Also they might have to start playing games earlier. Most of your viewers drop after 9pm central time.
I'm a night owl. I love watching PAC12 after dark. Kinda of like a night cap for most. You know the day of football is done when the PAC12 games end late on Saturday night. Plus, I watch Mountain West games also. Wyoming is one of my 2 adopted schools l like to follow. Boise is another team that puts out quality football. PAC12 should have gobbled up BYU while they had the chance. One of my favorite games ever was when Ole Miss traveled to Laramie expecting an easy win and got their arse handed to them I loved it.

Reactions: jlove20 and Dawgg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
McMurphy with the tweet. Looks like Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Cal are (eventually) on the way to the B1G. Assuming Arizona, Arizona State and Utah follow Colorado to the Big 12.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
And to think, 2 years ago, the Big 12 was begging the PAC-12 for a merger, which would have been more like a PAC-12 acquisition of the 8 remaining Big 12 schools. The PAC-12 turned them down. Not a good decision.
You would hope the TV deal would have some type of buyout clause or something if ratings dropped.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
McMurphy with the tweet. Looks like Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Cal are (eventually) on the way to the B1G. Assuming Arizona, Arizona State and Utah follow Colorado to the Big 12.
That really sucks for their fans if they have to play one half of their conference games on the road. It's nice living in Jackson. You can get to four schools with in 3 hours of driving. Five schools with 7 to 9 hours of driving. Then Tenn and Florida. Tenn is the only one I have not driven to so I really don't know how long of a drive it is. Florida is a long drive.

jlove20

Sep 18, 2017
The remaining teams of the PAC## should take the consolation merger with the MWC and be the mega west coast conference.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm a night owl. I love watching PAC12 after dark. Kinda of like a night cap for most. You know the day of football is done when the PAC12 games end late on Saturday night. Plus, I watch Mountain West games also. Wyoming is one of my 2 adopted schools l like to follow. Boise is another team that puts out quality football. PAC12 should have gobbled up BYU while they had the chance. One of my favorite games ever was when Ole Miss traveled to Laramie expecting an easy win and got their arse handed to them I loved it.
Back before ESPN had to broadcast every game from everyone they used to have a great game each week slotted at 10 o'clock central. Most all the other games had finished or we're starting to finish up by that time. It was usually a great matchup and they didn't have that Friday night slot, so it might be one of their major matchups. Wasn't a huge Pac 12 fan but I really liked it.

CagerMania

Feb 27, 2008
Dellinger with good article

We have an office outside of Seattle with quite a few Wazzu alums. I’ve been looking forward to State’s trip out there in a few years. Looks like it may no longer count as a P5 game by then. I always thought Iowa State was the P5 school most likely to be left out at some point. But Wazzu and Oregon State are gonna get hosed by this.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
For me, USC is the one to watch. They bought a big time coach and some talented players to try to compete nationally. Now what? They aren't on the B1G list or Big12 list. If they go to some lesser conference or try to ride out a sinking ship, their relevance will take another hit.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I just have a feeling some of these moves will end up not working out. Just too much mass of land in between a lot of these schools. The only affordable road game for USC and UCLA is UCLA and USC. Their fans are going to have to fly to every road conference game.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login