Packers trade Rodgers to Jets...

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Aaron Rodgers, Gunslinger? | Madison365

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
He went to Berkeley, so the squirreliness has been well established for a while. He’s always been borderline psychotic with his egomania.
That's the easy way to look at things but Rodgers also grew up in Chico which is represented by one of the few GOP congresscritters in California.

TLDR, Rodgers is just plain weird.

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Their schedule is not too tough next year. Outside of their division next year the toughest games will be the Chiefs, Eagles, Chargers, and possibly Cowboys. Their defense was pretty good last year. I could see them making the playoffs if he stays healthy and Breece Hall comes back at full strength.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
For Green Bay trading Rogers. They are moving from 15 to 13 in this years draft, moving down from 5th to 6th round on another pick and getting a 2nd rounder that could turn into a 1st if Rogers play’s enough.
What do you think the Packers could get for a quarterback turning 40 this season?

The conditional second rounder is about the best they could get.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
What do you think the Packers could get for a quarterback turning 40 this season?

The conditional second rounder is about the best they could get.

If anything it’s a risk for the Jets to give up as much as they did for a QB past his prime. Granted, this guy was MVP in 2020 and 2021 so I doubt he’s totally washed at this stage. But the Jets tried something similar with Favre at a similar age and it didn’t work out. But they’re giving up a lot more for Rodgers than they gave up for Favre.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That seems like poor return. What am I missing?

It is terrible return for the Jets. Essentially, they either traded two 2nd round picks for a soon to be injured 40 year old QB, or a 1st and a 2nd for a healthy one. And dropped down 2 spots in the 1st round. And that QB is due almost $50 million either way. Those 5th / 6th round picks are negligible….both of those picks will wind up being crapshoots.

Jets are all-in for 2023, and, maybe, 2024 if they are lucky. This trade would make more sense if they did it 2 years ago, or if they weren’t in the same division as Josh Allen and the Bills. But neither is the case.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
That's the easy way to look at things but Rodgers also grew up in Chico which is represented by one of the few GOP congresscritters in California.

TLDR, Rodgers is just plain weird.
No doubt. I’m sure he and I could have some fun discussions. But, the fact that he’s basically disowned his family is a bit strange.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If anything it’s a risk for the Jets to give up as much as they did for a QB past his prime. Granted, this guy was MVP in 2020 and 2021 so I doubt he’s totally washed at this stage. But the Jets tried something similar with Favre at a similar age and it didn’t work out. But they’re giving up a lot more for Rodgers than they gave up for Favre.

I would actually not be at all surprised if the Jets and Packers had a near final deal in place weeks ago that needed only cursory reviews from a few parties. One that involved the Jets not giving up nearly as much for the Rodgers. But then the Jets couldn’t help it and blew their wad….and went ahead and traded Mike White.

Then, when Green Bay suddenly realized they had them by the balls, they pulled the original deal and said “on second thought, we’ll actually take another 2nd rounder, and oh yeah it becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 10 games….K thx!!!” That would have been the most Jets thing ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login