paging CroomsOwesMeAnApology...

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Now see, if Polk had resigned after last season like I said, he wouldnt have had to endure a losing season his last year and go out a loser.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
i am shocked that you are not an athletic director somewhere. You seem to have the answer for everything with the vast knowledge you have about all sports

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
I just didnt see a 64 year old man having another chance to make it to Omaha...why not go out on top? Made no sense for him to come back, and now I hate that he is going out a loser. Shouldnt have been that way

GOPdog

Jun 24, 2007
Dude...you of ALL people should not go ahead and assume we're going to have a losing season. I seem to recall you predicting and gloating about us not being 3 games up in the West at the end of February during bball season with one week to play in Feb. 100% wrong there.

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
Coach34 said:
I just didnt see a 64 year old man having another chance to make it to Omaha...why not go out on top? Made no sense for him to come back, and now I hate that he is going out a loser. Shouldnt have been that way

</p>Made no sense for him to come back? If they offered him the kind of money to come back that I think they did, it made a lot of sense. Now if you are talking about the $5000 stipend you got to coach in HS, I might agree. But we aren't.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Ron Polk should have retired and gone into the lucrative condom business. Then he could join a message board, be wrong 99% of the time, and revise board history and change talking points mid-argument to prove his point.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
you ******** are right...it is better for Polk to go out with a losing season and missing the SEC and NCAA Tournies. Yeah, thats the way I want him remembered..

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
looks like polks last game, he will be carried off polk-dement field... not any other.

I think he just got tired of the NCAA, seeing noone was going to support him, noone cares as much as he does, and that the NCAA was going to force him to change how he formed a team...due to team size, and lack of walkons and redshirt opportunities.

Give him respect for the rest of the season, Its likely not going to be pretty, likely even a losing season. .

But there is finally daylight around the bend.

Dawgbreeze

Jun 11, 2007
Coach and I don't agree often but he is right on this one. However, the caveat is the dumb *** AD put an unsigned contract on Ron's desk with no discussion whatsoever. He signed it but privately told some folks he would have been happy to resign but he wanted Raffo to replace him. LT took the easy way out just as he did with Fanning and I guess Ron just finally said. I've had eneough. Hopefully Byrne is involved with the selection and not LT or no telling whom he'll hire.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login