Pathetic

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
No excuse for this performance tonight. And don’t come at me with that weak “it’s the refs fault” crap. Mike obviously cant get it done. As long as we settle for crap, that’s all we will ever be.
Please do give us all your infinite wisdom of who we should realistically hire?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I believe so

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
No excuse for this performance tonight. And don’t come at me with that weak “it’s the refs fault” crap. Mike obviously cant get it done. As long as we settle for crap, that’s all we will ever be.
After watching last week and the last few years against bama, what were you expecting?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If we can only score once against a Kentucky, not much hope this week.

l know leach was sold as the guy to change the offense to be able to pass because we couldn't beat the bamas just running. All because The teams that beat them did it passing mainly ole miss being the one that made cohen and cigar boys go that route. Problem is cohen snd cigar boys don't recruit like ole miss and others that have beat like bama. Nor did they hire a guy Moorhead or leach that would do that. The guys that beat bama get the same talent or they find a coach that scheme up and be creative. Leach is none of those things. He was creative 30 years ago. Leach is a good coach that has won at several places but none of those as strenuous as the sec in modern times. And he has proven he can win games here just hasn't proved he can win big or even score big. I'm not sure if he will ever have his version of the Mullen 2010 2014 or even 2017 seasons here. He might. But he is going to have to get more creative, develop better, and recruit better.

Itsaboutus

Dec 23, 2015
If we can only score once against a Kentucky, not much hope this week.

l know leach was sold as the guy to change the offense to be able to pass because we couldn't beat the bamas just running. All because The teams that beat them did it passing mainly ole miss being the one that made cohen and cigar boys go that route. Problem is cohen snd cigar boys don't recruit like ole miss and others that have beat like bama. Nor did they hire a guy Moorhead or leach that would do that. The guys that beat bama get the same talent or they find a coach that scheme up and be creative. Leach is none of those things. He was creative 30 years ago. Leach is a good coach that has won at several places but none of those as strenuous as the sec in modern times. And he has proven he can win games here just hasn't proved he can win big or even score big. I'm not sure if he will ever have his version of the Mullen 2010 2014 or even 2017 seasons here. He might. But he is going to have to get more creative, develop better, and recruit better.
While a different coach would make me happy, I also agree strongly with this. Something has to change. He seems like he has reached the point in his life where he doesn’t care about much. He comes off as very, “this is me, take it or leave it” and that has to change.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Exactly who has ever got it <17>n' done against Bama?

MSUvBAMA.png

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Exactly who has ever got it <17>n' done against Bama?

View attachment 250336
We have played Alabama 107 times. We have scored more than 20 points in a game just 12 times. Sylvester Croom coached one of those games. Dan Mullen coached one. That’s how pathetic we’ve been against them no matter who the coach is.

Last edited:

Itsaboutus

Dec 23, 2015
We have played Alabama 107 times. We have scored more than 20 points in a game just 13 times. Sylvester Croom coached one of those games. Dan Mullen coached two. That’s how pathetic we’ve been against them no matter who the coach is.
This hurts

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Until our fanbase gets serious about NIL, this is about as good as we will ever be. Sorry to burst your bubble but if you want to consistently compete with the upper echelon schools you'd better have the horses everywhere on your team.

We don't, and never have.

You could swap coaches with Alabama today and Mike Leach would whip our *** with those players while Saban threw hissy fits about it.

But all anyone wants to do is fire everybody and start over again and it won't make a difference. You know what will? Instead of bitching about giving money to an NIL collective, actually give some 17-ing money to an NIL collective.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Refs didn't lose it, we couldn't do a thing against their OL. We weren't gonna win. But that typical Bama reffing and every damn bounce, toe, drop, and break going against us made it seem much worse than it was. We looked like a top 25 team against a top 5 team. Is what it is.

Dawg007

Jun 13, 2013
Until our fanbase gets serious about NIL, this is about as good as we will ever be. Sorry to burst your bubble but if you want to consistently compete with the upper echelon schools you'd better have the horses everywhere on your team.

We don't, and never have.

You could swap coaches with Alabama today and Mike Leach would whip our *** with those players while Saban threw hissy fits about it.

But all anyone wants to do is fire everybody and start over again and it won't make a difference. You know what will? Instead of bitching about giving money to an NIL collective, actually give some 17-ing money to an NIL collective.
Oh. I'm agreeing with you so don't take this wrong.. NIL is where the money should go..

However, our school teaches Ag and Engineering.. During my years for engineering degree, school was tough, and I was lucky to make it out alive. I put a lot of money to those "educators" and was proud to get that degree. Our institution is very much centered around working hard and working for the man (as is Mississippi). We have some high paid folks that contribute I'm sure... but I believe it is the lack of volume of highly compensated folks and rewards for those geographically outside of a drive to the game that hold us back from heavily contributing to the NIL.

For example, I make a high salary being self-employed, but I don't live within a 2-3 state radius of Mississippi. I am forever grateful for the values instilled. There are no benefiting factors, however, that would translate into me ponying up to win a sports game, as much as I'd love it.

I believe this would be on an AD to figure out...

Reactions: Anon1664516582

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We have a couple of o-lineman that still struggle and while Will can run Leach's offense, he is not an SEC QB.
Will cannot see the field, is not a quick decision maker and he is not that gifted talented physically. He's hit his ceiling and is not going to be able to compete against a good D coordinator with SEC defensive talent.
Hopefully one of the back ups will be up to the task next year or Leach can bring in an SEC level QB through the portal.
We should beat Aubie, but I still think UGA is out of the question and we seem to suck on the road, so that's another Egg Bowl loss.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
We have played Alabama 107 times. We have scored more than 20 points in a game just 12 times. Sylvester Croom coached one of those games. Dan Mullen coached one. That’s how pathetic we’ve been against them no matter who the coach is.
Oh boy. Don’t mention how impotent Mullen was against Bama. You’ll get the Mullen mob after you for that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login