Paul’s Show is a tribute to CML today.

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
President Keenum was on first. The whole show is dedicated to Coach Leach today.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
It was really well done and great to see all the support.
I don't think any other coach from any fan base will garner this much attention when they pass.
And most of the stories are non-football stories, which is so rare.
It's really a testament to him as a person... people really love him.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I recorded it to be sure. Based on some of the comments I've heard and read so far, I will richer for the experience when I watch it

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Some of the stories callers called in with were really good. By the end of the show Paul was blown away. One of his closing lines was (paraphrasing) "I thought I knew Mike Leach pretty well but I had no idea". If it's replayed you need to watch or record it. We lost a hell of a lot more than just a football coach.

Also the young female reporter he started lecturing on the sideline about marriage was on the show and when Paul asked her what she had learned about coach Leach during the several interviews her reply was (again paraphrasing) "I learned I want to be more like him the way he listened to people and cares".

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
I think it is becoming clear to the MSU fan base that we had a nationally respected and loved coach, and many here did not realize it. We (I include myself) are too swayed by one loss, one bad game, not running enough to suit us, without realizing we had a good man that was universally respected in college football. It is hard to find that these days.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I rarely watch Finebaum because of all the clowns that call in and FB himself has never seemed to care for State. But I watched it all today and his show was very good. Lots of good stories told from people that had crossed paths with Leach. It was a nice tribute all afternoon.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I think it is becoming clear to the MSU fan base that we had a nationally respected and loved coach, and many here did not realize it. We (I include myself) are too swayed by one loss, one bad game, not running enough to suit us, without realizing we had a good man that was universally respected in college football. It is hard to find that these days.

Thank you for saying this. I'm staying positive today, but a lot of us simply could not understand how so many here could not see what we had. He was a force for good and a stunning football mind.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Finebaum spent most of CML’s tenure here talking bad about him and how he was too aloof and didn’t connect etc..etc…now he wants to talk about how great a coach he was ….screw that dude

I think of ML and PF as two opposite ends of the success spectrum.

There's a reason PF is so enamored with Saban and never understood Leach.

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
I rarely watch Finebaum because of all the clowns that call in and FB himself has never seemed to care for State. But I watched it all today and his show was very good. Lots of good stories told from people that had crossed paths with Leach. It was a nice tribute all afternoon.
So did a lot of people on this board and the others. Called for his job after most games and even worse during them. I kind of thought we weren’t keeping score with that anymore so it’s probably not a good time to mention that. I wish every one of them found a new school to cheer for and got banned from this board. I know I’m not the only one who sees it. Best that we don’t bring that up.

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
Finebaum spent most of CML’s tenure here talking bad about him and how he was too aloof and didn’t connect etc..etc…now he wants to talk about how great a coach he was ….screw that dude
So did a lot of people on this board and the others. Called for his job after most games and even worse during them. I kind of thought we weren’t keeping score with that anymore so it’s probably not a good time to mention that. I wish every one of them found a new school to cheer for and got banned from this board. I know I’m not the only one who sees it. Best that we don’t bring that up.

eta quoted one too many posts on accident but dont know how to remove. Sorry

Reactions: Mjoelner

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
SECN was great today. It was nothing but Leach. They had a lot of coaches and ESPN personalities tell stories about leach.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Well one good thing. Pinegrove Bully is up there explaining The Pack to Leach
Now I’m going to pour another Jefferson’s Ocean Aged and watch last years Auburn game for the 8th time. I’ll miss the pirate and treasure the time we had him ! Tomorrow I’ll swing my sword for both of em!

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Some of the stories callers called in with were really good. By the end of the show Paul was blown away. One of his closing lines was (paraphrasing) "I thought I knew Mike Leach pretty well but I had no idea". If it's replayed you need to watch or record it. We lost a hell of a lot more than just a football coach.

Also the young female reporter he started lecturing on the sideline about marriage was on the show and when Paul asked her what she had learned about coach Leach during the several interviews her reply was (again paraphrasing) "I learned I want to be more like him the way he listened to people and cares".
I was that caller that Paul was making that remark about within our conversation. I had tears and goosebumps the whole time. I was also impressed with Larry Templeton today. I know a lot of y’all don’t like him but I do… I just wish Larry could have had the money State has now when he was AD. Anyway, Larry almost lost it while talking about Coach.
I am so glad I kept dialing the cell phone today.

Reactions: The Maroon Pug

JesterB

Mar 3, 2008
I ate lunch at a sports bar in South Bend, Indiana yesterday. All TV’s were tuned to ESPN U and everyone was paying attention to the tribute, not saying a word. After a few minutes the tables all around me started telling their favorite Leach stories. It was moving.

1 of 1.

Reactions: The Maroon Pug

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012

It was clear from Paul's interviews of everyone that he did not know Coach at all despite spending time with him. Because unlike Leach Paul does not listen to people and he does not care about them unless they can do something for him.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Very well said and put bump.

Reactions: Anon1664516582
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login