Penalties

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I was traveling during the game so didn't get to/have to watch the game. Looking at the team stats, most are virtually even. There are 2 that stand out as different. 1. Score. 2. Penalties.
Score is what it is. As for penalties, was it a real difference in team discipline or was it typical bama favor? Are penalties why we had the same yardage and first downs but 1/5th the points?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I was traveling during the game so didn't get to/have to watch the game. Looking at the team stats, most are virtually even. There are 2 that stand out as different. 1. Score. 2. Penalties.
Score is what it is. As for penalties, was it a real difference in team discipline or was it typical bama favor? Are penalties why we had the same yardage and first downs but 1/5th the points?
Somewhere in the game, the announcers made the comment that in talking to Saban he didn't have an answer to clean up their penalties. Evidently they were the worst team in college football in penalties. All it took for them to clean it up was to lose a game and the SEC would step up the no calls and protect their investment because that's what happened.

Leach said at half time he could not comment because of being fined! It was bad last night.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I have a suggestion for the SEC. Let’s ditch all of our current referees and assemble crews from other parts of the Country that have no ties to the Southeast. There are currently right around 50 SEC referees and I am told that over half of them are from, or live in the State of Alabama. We did not play well enough to win last night even with the game being called straight up, but wouldn’t it be nice to face some of the blue bloods, especially Alabama and know that the outcome was not predetermined? Anyone with any basic knowledge of football knows Alabama gets protected. Happens every year back to at least 1963. Fans know it, players know it, coaches know it. Last night was a classic example. How many times did they grab Marks face mask? How many pass interference calls did they ignore? How many times did number 54 get away with clear holding? Etc, etc, etc. if it was reversed, would they make those calls on us? It’s time for the SEC to clean house and start over with non biased crews. - I know, I know, it will never happen.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I have a suggestion for the SEC. Let’s ditch all of our current referees and assemble crews from other parts of the Country that have no ties to the Southeast. There are currently right around 50 SEC referees and I am told that over half of them are from, or live in the State of Alabama. We did not play well enough to win last night even with the game being called straight up, but wouldn’t it be nice to face some of the blue bloods, especially Alabama and know that the outcome was not predetermined? Anyone with any basic knowledge of football knows Alabama gets protected. Happens every year back to at least 1963. Fans know it, players know it, coaches know it. Last night was a classic example. How many times did they grab Marks face mask? How many pass interference calls did they ignore? How many times did number 54 get away with clear holding? Etc, etc, etc. if it was reversed, would they make those calls on us? It’s time for the SEC to clean house and start over with non biased crews. - I know, I know, it will never happen.
If “ifs and buts” were Candy and nuts, my -Aunt would have balls. Or something like that.****

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
except when they play MSU. you can go back every game we have played Bama and review and you will see it. Happens like clock work. we have even had the SEC send a letter of apology --tough **** we still lost.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
A friend of mine posted 5 pictures of Bummer holding that were not called. They were blatant and out there for everyone to see. Timing is everything with penalties. If you are called for penaties early and the other team gets out to a good lead you have lost the game against a good opponent. Then the officials can call inconsequential penalties on the winning team which will pad the numbers.

BTW, if you bring in officials from outside the SEC we would have an advantage over Bummer. Everyone outside the SEC hates Alabama.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
A couple of those penalties were really ticky-tacky.
As in both of the “”””roughing”””” the passer penalties. We got penalized 30 yards because Bryce Young is sore and cannot be touched.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think by the 4th quarter after three quarters of ******** calls our defensive guys said 17 it we are going to hit that **** Smile Son of ***** every play. Saban did not want to take him out, but he did, and he was the only starter Saban took out by the end of the game. He almost left his *** in there too long. He was really getting popped at the end.

Personally:

Dumb And Dumber Lloyd Christmas GIF - Dumb And Dumber Lloyd Christmas I Like It A Lot GIFs

Last edited:

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Score is what it is. As for penalties, was it a real difference in team discipline or was it typical bama favor? Are penalties why we had the same yardage and first downs but 1/
A friend of mine posted 5 pictures of Bummer holding that were not called. They were blatant and out there for everyone to see. Timing is everything with penalties. If you are called for penaties early and the other team gets out to a good lead you have lost the game against a good opponent. Then the officials can call inconsequential penalties on the winning team which will pad the numbers.

BTW, if you bring in officials from outside the SEC we would have an advantage over Bummer. Everyone outside the SEC hates Alabama.

A solution is to hire full time referees. Not this part time garbage that’s going on now. Professional refs and that’s their focus.

The SEC has the money. And loads of film showing the current total ineptness of current officiating. It’s time to change.

Everyone still has forgot that we would have won the 2017 game if not for blatant ref incompetence or bias. The Ridley catch near the end of the half should have never happened. That gets called back like it should.. Bama loses and does not win the NC in 17. One fricken call was the difference in that. I know you can find others in that game that was of benefit to them.

The narrative this week was “MSU hasn’t scored a TD in Tuscaloosa since____. No. No. We did in 18, but the most ridiculous call since Dick Pace called back Kylin Hill’s TD on a no touch block in the back right before half. Oh yea… you also cannot forget the fumble that was ruled down and just couldn’t be reviewed. If we get that fumble and score…. That fumble.. plus the Hill TD would have been a 21 point swing. 21 points.

And of course there was Memphis last year. Another freaking disaster of incompetence. This is a better conference than that. Than to have officiating cloud the games week after freaking week.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Let's not leave out the pass interference penalties. I know our guys had a lot of drops but they were getting mugged every play. How can the air raid work if they are grabbing and holding your receivers ? It won't.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Seems like somebody like Matt Wyatt who likes to break the games down could do a play by play and point out a ton of penalties. Not sure if it would help our cause but it was pretty rampant.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Seems like somebody like Matt Wyatt who likes to break the games down could do a play by play and point out a ton of penalties. Not sure if it would help our cause but it was pretty rampant.
That would be a good segment. All I know is that late in the game we had 10-100 and bamer had 1-5. Anyway you look at it that's a bucket of shat.

Reactions: bolddogge

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
The refs aren't corrupt. This is coming from the TOP. The administration is set on maximizing profits. To do this, they must protect the Heisman player and the money-producing teams. It's this simple.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login