Penn State at 9. Illinois at 19.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
As good a time as any to post this annual reminder that while money cannot buy you happiness, it can get pretty close….

Jen Bielema

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I’m with you on that!

Sometime back, I took to calling him “Coach Bag-of-sh*t-ema.”

I know that doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue (ew) but at the same time I feel it has the perfect ring to it, and I’m sticking with it.

bret bulimia

Reactions: CVLion

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Except that doesn’t fit — he looks far from bulimic.

There’s probably some riff on “enema” to had here somewhere — but to me, Bagofsh*tema is truly fitting.
He’s a recovering bulimic?

Omar81

Oct 19, 2021
Apparently, you're fine with posters who never miss a chance to take a shot at CJF, even when he's not part of the topic under discussion. Maybe that should also make you sad.
I don’t notice that nearly as often but if it makes you feel better both of those are pathetic — though the unwarranted shots against Franklin are directed at a guy who presumably doesn’t see them, while the others are shots at fellow posters and PSU fans. So I think the edge on the pathetic scale goes to the latter.

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
The posters on premium board are yawning over this game.
Really? They’re expecting an easy win for PSU?

I wish I felt that confident. Altmyer has thrown for over 800 yards, 10 TDs, 0 INTs, and Illinois has beaten two ranked opponents that, whatever you want to say about Kansas and Nebraska, are better opponents than anyone we’ve faced so far. 😬

I hope we put up a convincing win, but I’m gonna have to see it to believe it. Anyone going to this game? I’ll be watching from the ‘Burgh this weekend.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021

I wish I felt that confident. Altmyer has thrown for over 800 yards, 10 TDs, 0 INTs, and Illinois has beaten two ranked opponents that, whatever you want to say about Kansas and Nebraska, are better opponents than anyone we’ve faced so far. 😬

I hope we put up a convincing win, but I’m gonna have to see it to believe it. Anyone going to this game? I’ll be watching from the ‘Burgh this weekend.
Didn't WVa just beat Kansas this weekend? Maybe better, but I'm not sure that means all that much. The line seems high but PSU will probably win this game.

Reactions: Calabrin

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021

I am going.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
I don’t notice that nearly as often
I think you have that exactly reversed. But in either event if "shots" on an internet message board causes anyone sadness they should probably grow some skin.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Omar81

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
Didn't WVa just beat Kansas this weekend? Maybe better, but I'm not sure that means all that much. The line seems high but PSU will probably win this game.
Could be. Was just watching Valenti & Rico. Rico has us #3 and Illinois #4 in his current B1G power rankings. Valenti is skeptical of Illinois— believing, like many of you out there, that this team is a paper tiger and Penn State can absolutely crush them (particularly given the time of and venue for the game).

However, Valenti is also a notorious JF naysayer, and says he’s looking for PSU to prove it can beat that lofty spread.

Corneliuswonder

Nov 1, 2021
Could be. Was just watching Valenti & Rico. Rico has us #3 and Illinois #4 in his current B1G power rankings. Valenti is skeptical of Illinois— believing, like many of you out there, that this team is a paper tiger and Penn State can absolutely crush them (particularly given the time of and venue for the game).

However, Valenti is also a notorious JF naysayer, and says he’s looking for PSU to prove it can beat that lofty spread.
No idea who those two meatballs are, but if Penn State is #3 and Illinois is #4, then the only thing that says is that there are only three good teams in the Big Ten. Penn State should probably come close to doubling this spread - 17.5 is more than fair to Illinois, and is being bet up close to 20 for a reason.

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
No idea who those two meatballs are, but if Penn State is #3 and Illinois is #4, then the only thing that says is that there are only three good teams in the Big Ten. Penn State should probably come close to doubling this spread - 17.5 is more than fair to Illinois, and is being bet up close to 20 for a reason.
Maybe. This game could say a lot about what kind of team we have, one way or another. I confess I do not understand the optimism of an 18 point spread, to say nothing of 36, but I certainly do hope that’s the kind of game we get.

Mike Valenti is a sports talk host out of Michigan. He became famous for a 20-minute, commercial-free epic rant he did in 2006 after his beloved MSU Spartans blew a 17-point 2nd half lead to Notre Dame.

I’m not suggesting Rico’s power rankings have deep meaning. They’re basically: “who has been playing well, so far”.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login