Penn State winning didn’t help.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Lunardi swapped them back to last byes and now State is at the top of last four in. Rutgers lost and is the last bye.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Lunardi swapped them back to last byes and now State is at the top of last four in. Rutgers lost and is the last bye.
Yep. As far as just getting in it looks like Vandy is all that remains of Lunardis 8 teams out so that’s good

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
I'm trying to figure out how our First Four matchup would be NC State in his bracket. Shouldn't it be Arizona State?

I'm also not sure how these results from yesterday:

1. Boise State (lost)
2. Providence (done)
3. Penn State (won)
4. State (lost)
5. Rutgers (lost)
6. Pitt (done)
7. Utah State (won)
8. Arizona State (last team in)
9. Oklahoma State (done)
10. Clemson (lost)
11. Nevada (done)
12. Wisconsin (done)
13. UNC (done)
14. Oregon (lost)
15. Vandy (won)
16. Michigan (done)

Results in this:
1. Penn State (makes sense)
2. Providence (okay)
3. Utah State (makes a little sense)
4. Rutgers (what?)
5. State (makes sense in a vacuum, I guess)
6. NC State (they dropped at least 7 slots without playing!?)
7. Pitt (okay)
8. Arizona St. (okay)
12. Vandy (makes sense)

Boise moved up with a loss?
Is Rutgers passing us a sole result of Net changes, where they lost and gained 2 spots while we lost and dropped 3, or did Lunardi mis-seed them until this iteration?
How did NC State go from safely in to almost out?

Now we have to pull hard for:
Purdue over Ohio State
Houston over Cincinnati
TAMU over Vandy
Memphis over Tulane
FAU over UAB (most important of the day)

It also wouldn't hurt to have:
Indiana over Penn State
Bama over Mizzou
San Diego State over Utah State

Potential Bid Thief Conferences left:
AAC
CUSA
Big Ten
SEC

Sidebar:
How is Providence seeded above us?
They are 7 spots below us in the Net, have an identical Q1 record, are 3-2 in Q2 vs our 4-3, and 3-1 in Q3 vs our 5-1, plus they appear to have about the same SoS.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Yesterday showed we can't compete. Hang it up and call it a day. No sense in spending the money going to a play in or even the Not Invited Tournament.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Sidebar:
How is Providence seeded above us?
They are 7 spots below us in the Net, have an identical Q1 record, are 3-2 in Q2 vs our 4-3, and 3-1 in Q3 vs our 5-1, plus they appear to have about the same SoS.

Providence is in a traditional basketball conference, they get the benefit of the doubt and losses to traditional basketball blue bloods is a plus.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yesterday showed we can't compete. Hang it up and call it a day. No sense in spending the money going to a play in or even the Not Invited Tournament.
Yesterday shows we struggled to hang with a projected #1 seed.
2 months ago showed we could hang with a projected #1 seed.

What yesterday actually showed is you don't know what version of MSU will show up on any given day. We could be 1 and done or make the second weekend.

Reactions: patdog

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I'm trying to figure out how our First Four matchup would be NC State in his bracket. Shouldn't it be Arizona State?

How did NC State go from safely in to almost out?

Yeah - that is really weird. I guess getting smacked by Clemson twice (by 25 and 26) in two weeks really soured Lunardi. I'll be surprised if the Committee makes the Wolfpack play in Dayton.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We are starting a drinking game this afternoon to make it more fun and exciting while jumping channels to watch a part of as many games as possible.

Every time any announcer use the word "physicality," we have to take a big drink. Every time they say "dancing," we must empty our drinks.

I don't see much of a chance for us making it through the late games, so you all make sure you post the results, especially our baseball and softball games, later tonight so we can read what happened in the game first thing in the morning.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login