Pete Rose is now eligible for the HOF

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
He was given a lifetime ban. His lifetime is over. I guess we'll see.
The tax problems which led to his incarceration point to vulnerabilities that gambling interests could have exploited. His situation was and is more complex that merely placing bets on his own sport.

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
Always interesting to me how he could hit not hit Randy Jones, Jones was a good pitcher, but Pete always answered the question who was the most difficult for him, as Randy Jones, in the interviews I have seen, LOL.

Pete Rose, the all-time MLB leader in hits, faced Randy Jones, a former Cy Young Award winner, during his career. Rose had the second most at-bats of anyone Jones faced, with 93, but Jones only managed 17 hits. After going 4-for-29 against Jones, Rose tried batting left-handed, but Jones still got him out. Rose said, “Left-handed, right-handed, cross-handed, he still gets you out”.

Debo77

Dec 21, 2022
This seemed a silly ban to uphold once MLB struck partnerships with gambling sites.
this bothers me alot.....1/3 of commercials during NFL games on Sundays are DraftKings , FanDuel or Underdog....."DraftKings a proud sponsor of the NFL"....but yet they kick the players out of the league if they partake

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login