Pete Thamel says they are now hammering out the final details

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
I guess I thought Cohen just bled too much maroon to make a jump like this. He knows how much hate is about to ensue on him from his alma mater, and the school he brought the first national championship to.

After the past 2 days, it would actually be dumb to stay. He just lost the support he had left. Way to go Cohen, ya douche.

Reactions: GloryDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
I guess I thought Cohen just bled too much maroon to make a jump like this. He knows how much hate is about to ensue on him from his alma mater, and the school he brought the first national championship to.

After the past 2 days, it would actually be dumb to stay. He just lost the support he had left. Way to go Cohen, ya douche.
Unless the rumors of Cohen being pushed out are true. The biggest mystery in all of this to me is what Auburn saw in him to make them want to hire him (of course I wondered that about us 7 years ago as well).

trob115

Jul 5, 2011

Cohen almost left us for Alabama coaching job in 2016, before getting the AD position. I had lots of encounters and experiences with him the last 7 years. Good riddance.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Unless the rumors of Cohen being pushed out are true. The biggest mystery in all of this to me is what Auburn saw in him to make them want to hire him (of course I wondered that about us 7 years ago as well).
Agree and this whole thing is really odd from why he would make the move to that CF to them seeing something I certainly don't. Don't hate him, just not a young up and come'er I would have expected. Time will tell one way or the other.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Well, he has hired the coaches in 5 sports that have produced their best season's ever in school history. Since neither of those was football nor men's basketball, yet, he is not liked by some. I think Cohen fits the same mentality for some of our fans as Leach: those who didn't like the hire to begin with will continue to not like the hire and bash every chance they get. I'm indifferent on his leaving and hopeful that whoever replaces him is more Byrne like.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well, he has hired the coaches in 5 sports that have produced their best season's ever in school history. Since neither of those was football nor men's basketball, yet, he is not liked by some. I think Cohen fits the same mentality for some of our fans as Leach: those who didn't like the hire to begin with will continue to not like the hire and bash every chance they get. I'm indifferent on his leaving and hopeful that whoever replaces him is more Byrne like.
There’s a good argument that football & mens basketball are all that counts. He also completely destroyed a national power womens basketball program.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That's mine too. Maybe they like what he did with the playoff and maybe they like his basketball hires and doing things on a budget? Maybe they want to get more serious about baseball

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Cohen almost left us for Alabama coaching job in 2016, before getting the AD position. I had lots of encounters and experiences with him the last 7 years. Good riddance.
Never did care for how he changed baseball for the ordinary non season ticket fan. People that weren't willing or able to buy in to 10 ye commitment for a seat at the baseball stadium. He and his buddies didn't care otherwise.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login