Phil Donahue has kicked the bucket

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Rest in power, king.

Turn Around Look GIF by Laff

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I remember back in the day when Donahue had an episode on academic redshirting and John Bond was one of the people featured on the show.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I'm scouring the interwebs, but so far my search for this has come up empty.
It was around 1981 so one big question would be did the show even keep the videos of its episodes back then.

A better bet would be to see if any of the Mississippi newspapers had an article out about his appearance on the show.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I worked swing shifts when I started in 79 and he was a part of my morning wake up routine. One of if not the OG of such and pretty good show a I recall.
Shift work also allowed me to extend Days of Our Lives a couple more years. Anyone else become a soaper during their college years or is that a generational thing where ESPN/SC had come along? Game shows and soaps is about all we had .... on the B&W TV .... off the rabbit ears. Columbus I guess but don't remember.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Anyone else become a soaper during their college years or is that a generational thing where ESPN/SC had come along? Game shows and soaps is about all we had .... on the B&W TV .... off the rabbit ears. Columbus I guess but don't remember.
I went the JUCO route for about a year and a half and would come home from morning classes for lunch before going to work. My mom would be at home watching "All My Children" during lunch and I'd sit and watch it with her and got into it. I transferred to MSU and lived in Suttle the Spring of '82. TV wouldn't pick up jack in our room then. If you wanted a seat to watch All My Children at noon in the Suttle lobby on the big screen tv in 1982, you had to be there about 11:45 because otherwise you had to stand or not watch there were so many guys watching it then. When I moved into an apartment the 2 guys that I shared the apt with started watching it too. Everybody had the hots for Jennny Gardner. My other roomates were Days of our Lives fans and would watch it after AMC. They all had the hots for Marlena and all hated Stefano

Reactions: MSUDOG24

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I went the JUCO route for about a year and a half and would come home from morning classes for lunch before going to work. My mom would be at home watching "All My Children" during lunch and I'd sit and watch it with her and got into it. I transferred to MSU and lived in Suttle the Spring of '82. TV wouldn't pick up jack in our room then. If you wanted a seat to watch All My Children at noon in the Suttle lobby on the big screen tv in 1982, you had to be there about 11:45 because otherwise you had to stand or not watch there were so many guys watching it then. When I moved into an apartment the 2 guys that I shared the apt with started watching it too. Everybody had the hots for Jennny Gardner. My other roomates were Days of our Lives fans and would watch it after AMC. They all had the hots for Marlena and all hated Stefano
LOL, all very familiar.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This is kinda surreal for me. Hadn't thought about Donahue in years, but actually Googled him yesterday after seeing a rerun of That Girl with Marlo Thomas. He married her in 1980 after she was on his show. Married in their 40's and were married 44 years. Hell of a run...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login