Pickleball

patdog

May 28, 2007
A lot of people swear it’s fun. But it doesn’t look very fun to me. I have zero desire to try it. I’ll stick with my mediocre tennis game.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It was fun when I played. However that was 25 years ago while in high school.

If I had nothing else to do and had others to play, I'd go out and do it a little bit.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
They will eventually make a video game for it and people will play that instead.

Pickleball GIF by Nauti Bean Coffee

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I honestly thought this was a hobby for older folks to stay in shape with until I saw it on the ESPN machine being portrayed as an actual sport. To me it is kind of like cornhole, axe throwing, and darts. It is not really a sport, but the Devil is not always right so come at me pickle ball enthusiasts.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I honestly thought this was a hobby for older folks to stay in shape with until I saw it on the ESPN machine being portrayed as an actual sport. To me it is kind of like cornhole, axe throwing, and darts. It is not really a sport, but the Devil is not always right so come at me pickle ball enthusiasts.
It was designed for lazy tennis players that got tired of tracking balls down so I think you had a part in creating the game.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'll go to my coffin never having played it; along w/ Cricket, Croquet, Shuffleboard, and other such useless geriatric games

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We played it in a HS PE class called 'racquet sports'.
Badminton
Pickleball
Tennis

It was a blast.
Not to brag, but I was the 1999 Spring semester HS PE class doubles pickeball champion. No big Dill, really.

Now though? Its for people that cant move fast enough to play tennis.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
We played it in a HS PE class called 'racquet sports'.
Badminton
Pickleball
Tennis

It was a blast.
Not to brag, but I was the 1999 Spring semester HS PE class doubles pickeball champion. No big Dill, really.

Now though? Its for people that cant move fast enough to play tennis.
You were in high school in 1999.. Seriously? You and @OG Goat Holder are 15-20 years younger than I expected. You're going to be a 17ing piece of work in your 50's and 60's.**

Are any of you other grumpy "old" bästards under 50?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You were in high school in 1999.. Seriously? You and @OG Goat Holder are 15-20 years younger than I expected. You're going to be a 17ing piece of work in your 50's and 60's.**

Are any of you other grumpy "old" bästards under 50?
Oh, I will be writing letters(not emails) to my city's administrators if I reach 60. Its gonna be ugly.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Have you played it? Why should I?
It’s big where I live. I’ve played a bunch, but I quit because most people were old and only wanted to play doubles, so it was no exercise/waste of time. If you had a good group, it’d be fun, though

STATEBALLIN

Aug 23, 2012
It’s a very fun, low-impact way to get some exercise. Without the required skill level of tennis. Highly recommend.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
We got our neighborhood tennis courts resurfaced and pickleball lines put on them. I've been playing for about 6 weeks. I really like it. We play it "beer league" style. Everyone is drinking and taking it lightly.

If you are a tennis savant, like myself, you have to get used to playing at the net (kitchen). That's where you separate the men from the boys. I want to play a standard baseline game, but even a terrible player can beat you if they play the net halfway decent.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Have you played it? Why should I?
Have played some tennis, but enjoy pickleball more. It’s more accessible in that I can just show up to any of the free local courts on any night or weekend morning, and there’s always games going on that you can rotate into. Tennis doesn’t often have that type of ‘open play’, and its just harder in general to play at a competent level.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Have played some tennis, but enjoy pickleball more. It’s more accessible in that I can just show up to any of the free local courts on any night or weekend morning, and there’s always games going on that you can rotate into. Tennis doesn’t often have that type of ‘open play’, and its just harder in general to play at a competent level.
It can be a pain in the *** to get a friendly tennis match with 4 people together. There’s league play but teams routinely carry twice as many players who play in a match, so you may only get a match every two weeks (I got 9 out of 12 this year & considered myself lucky). I’ve got a Saturday morning group I play with most Saturdays & then there are drills most any day I want to & occasional mixers.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login