Picture this...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Was Auburn 3-5 and coachless in 2004? Let me look that u.....OH WAIT. No, they were undefeated and vying for the national title, and Croom was our coach. GTFO of here.

I'm a Leach supporter. But let's not act like the only thing good about Saturday wasn't that we miraculously got a win. We were an eyelash from unmitigated disaster and shame.

Last edited:

tribaldawg

Sep 1, 2012
Was Auburn 3-5 and coachless in 2004? Let me look that u.....OH WAIT. No, they were undefeated and vying for the national title, and Croom was our coach. GTFO of here.

I'm a Leach supporter. But let's not act like the only thing good about Saturday wasn't that we miraculously got a win. We were an eyelash from unmitigated disaster and shame.
Auburn was vying for a national championship and look where Auburn is now along with A&M and Arkansas. Three teams in the west where it is infinitely easier to recruit top players, have higher NILs, higher paid coaches, and better facilities. Serious question, why do you think you the have the right to expect that Leach do a better job when he is doing much better than these three programs with much less to work with? And as mentioned in another thread, he is ahead of Mullen in the SEC for the same number of years. We have the biggest bunch of cry-baby fans in the entire nation.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
It's the OM/Kiffin factor. I'll admit, it's got me pissed. Really pissed.
He's a better recruiter and coach than Leach, he and the OM boosters figured out the NIL strategy quicker than we did and he obviously works the portal better where we don't seem to be trying all that hard.
This is not going to go away anytime soon. Most SPSers recognize that OM will likely win the Egg Bowl - and the losing streak will likely continue as long as Lane is there.
Still, our chances of winning are better with Leach than they would have been with Mullen.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
You guys are reading too much into this and taking this WAY too seriously. I am not saying be happy about the win. I'm more making a joke about how hard it would be to wrap your head around us not being satisfied with mere mediocrity anymore. We've come such a long way. And I miss Dan

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
I get what you're trying to say and I'm glad we won Saturday, but you would also have to tell your 2004 self that the Auburn team we gave up a 20+ pt lead to was 3-5 and their HC had just been fired.

2004 would be grateful we could field a team, but let's be real about what very easily could have been an absolutely gut wrenching and embarrassing loss. I'm glad we won

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login