Pitchers getting signs?

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Watched the game or debacle whatever you categorize it as, on tv today, noticed pitchers looking at band on wrist or glove and catcher not giving signs? Is the new or have I just not notice it?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Watched the game or debacle whatever you categorize it as, on tv today, noticed pitchers looking at band on wrist or glove and catcher not giving signs? Is the new or have I just not notice it?
At first I thought they were getting the calls sent via their watch. Now I know they’re just checking texts and tiktok updates.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Yeah, looked pretty evident, that's what it was.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
There’s a little device with buttons on it that’s used to call pitches. Players wear the receiver on their wrist, glove, waistband, armband, wherever. I noticed today Nixon has his on his glove and it kept falling off. Foxhall has the device and is choosing pitches and the catcher and pitcher see it so they both know what’s coming. Not sure who (Lem or Jake) tell the defense where to play, or shift/no shift but they get that info too.

in the pros the catcher has the device and pushes buttons to relay to the pitcher what to call. Except Ohtani, he calls his own pitches and relays to his catcher. No more stealing the signs by figuring out what fingers the catcher puts down to signal.

Reactions: Bullldawg78

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I can't wait until some electronics wiz figgers out how to intercept the transmissions then we'll be back to "sign" stealing.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login