Pitching staffs for championship series…

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Do y’all think it’s BS they don’t wait for the staffs to reset for the championship?
No, not really. I think the better teams should just TCOB, like Florda did, and ensure your staff is in place for the finals. Ask Cohen.

Reactions: Dawgg

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Bednar didn't need the extra time apparently. Also half the people there would leave and not come back.

Florida arms will be ready ready unfortunately
I hate O’Sullivan as much as anyone, but I can’t pull for those purple fuckbags. Fuckk them. Fuckk their roster. And most of all, fuckk their uneducated, never set foot in a classroom in Baton Rouge fans.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
I hate O’Sullivan as much as anyone, but I can’t pull for those purple fuckbags. Fuckk them. Fuckk their roster. And most of all, fuckk their uneducated, never set foot in a classroom in Baton Rouge fans.
Hey dont' talk about my family and besties like that!!

Reactions: Uncle Ruckus

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Cant wait to see savants Meathead O'mally face off vs Lost TO Coastal Carolina for all the marbles. lrlrrlll Who is taller? hahahahahaha fuckbags. And also **** Waisthigh Johnson.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
They shortened the whole thing by two days which sucks. Remember we played for the championship on Monday Tuesday Wednesday.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
They shortened the whole thing by two days which sucks. Remember we played for the championship on Monday Tuesday Wednesday.
I don’t really understand why they did that. It’s not like the dramatically shortened the tournament. To the original question, I’m indifferent since it does not involve state but had this schedule been the case 2 years ago, we would not have seen Bednar in game 3.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Cant wait to see savants Meathead O'mally face off vs Lost TO Coastal Carolina for all the marbles. lrlrrlll Who is taller? hahahahahaha fuckbags. And also **** Waisthigh Johnson.
Speaking of Johnson height, and looks…I’m not completely convinced he’s not Mike Bianco

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's hard to pick a rooting interest in this one, but I just can't get behind Florida. A coach who's a dickhead combined with a fan base who really couldn't give a **** about baseball.

I'll root for the team that actually cares about the sport they're good at.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
The problem is the double-elimination portion is too spread out and followed by a quick turnaround for the final series. From a scheduling perspective, it would be better to play four games per day early rather than staggering the two sides. Then you could have a longer break before the final series. But that isn't good for TV.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
The problem is the double-elimination portion is too spread out and followed by a quick turnaround for the final series. From a scheduling perspective, it would be better to play four games per day early rather than staggering the two sides. Then you could have a longer break before the final series. But that isn't good for TV.
I don't think you'd ever get in 4 games in one day. If you just assumed 3 hours per game and 1 hour between games - that's 15 hours when last game ends. You would start at 9am and not finish till midnight, assuming no weather delays (it's rained every time I've been in Omaha)

I think it's stupid to have a championship series where a team's best pitcher may never take the mound. What other team sport plays a championship where the best player is perfectly healthy but possibly not available to play? It worked out for us in 2021 but if we'd have lost that second game without ever having a chance to use Bednar... that would have royally sucked.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I don't think you'd ever get in 4 games in one day. If you just assumed 3 hours per game and 1 hour between games - that's 15 hours when last game ends. You would start at 9am and not finish till midnight, assuming no weather delays (it's rained every time I've been in Omaha)

I think it's stupid to have a championship series where a team's best pitcher may never take the mound. What other team sport plays a championship where the best player is perfectly healthy but possibly not available to play? It worked out for us in 2021 but if we'd have lost that second game without ever having a chance to use Bednar... that would have royally sucked.
That's what the SEC tournament does: 9 am start and late-night finish. So it's possible, but it would be bad for TV ratings, and they would never do that for the CWS.

You are just really limited from a scheduling standpoint having 8 teams, double-elimination, and just one stadium.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
Do y’all think it’s BS they don’t wait for the staffs to reset for the championship?
It sure was fun watching two aces go at it like LSU and Wake Forest. That was the best game in any sport I've watched in a long time.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
It's hard to pick a rooting interest in this one, but I just can't get behind Florida. A coach who's a dickhead combined with a fan base who really couldn't give a **** about baseball.

I'll root for the team that actually cares about the sport they're good at.
No way I'll ever pull for a Stricklin team that ain't us. Ol loafers can loaf his way to another NC runner up.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
As others have mentioned, dragging it out until next weekend will result in a lot of fans leaving and heading home. The crowds won’t be adversely affected as the local crowd will show up-but the teams’ fans aren’t going to sit in Omaha for another week to catch what might only be two games. Two really important games for sure, but every extra day you stay in Omaha is going to be really expensive for sure.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Don’t hold back. Express you feelings.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I think they should have kept it starting on Saturday/Sunday and ending on the M, T, W for the Championship series.

Reactions: Bulldog45
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login