Players are upbeat

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
So I heard on the other board. Supposedly they are fired up and practices have been sharper. Anybody know if that's factual ??

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020
I am the one who actually started the thread on the other page. My post wasn't specifically about practice per se although others commented about that. I simply posted that someone who is near and dear to me who is associated with the football program observed that the "energy" has been different this week and when I asked if they meant good or bad they said good. I would never disclose any proprietary information and neither would this person. I just pointed out that it is the perception of at least one person that there has been positive change recently and many factors could contribute to that. I did not mean to imply anything negative about ZA at all because I don't know why this would be the case. I just thought it was interesting.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
On Deep Dig today they seemed to say something very similar so I take that all as positive information.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Sounds good. Maybe they will ball out these last 2 weeks. I just started to listen to the Deep Dig and decided not to waste my time but now I might listen. I am really interested to see how much difference there is. I saw somebody saying that Brock was getting a lot of interference with the defense and I feel like the offense was being forced to go way too conservative but we will see I guess.

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020
I am the one who actually started the thread on the other page. My post wasn't specifically about practice per se although others commented about that. I simply posted that someone who is near and dear to me who is associated with the football program observed that the "energy" has been different this week and when I asked if they meant good or bad they said good. I would never disclose any proprietary information and neither would this person. I just pointed out that it is the perception of at least one person that there has been positive change recently and many factors could contribute to that. I did not mean to imply anything negative about ZA at all because I don't know why this would be the case. I just thought it was interesting.
Also, I put in the other post that it was this person's OPINION that at the time that ZA was hired that the majority of players and staff were in favor of that. Nothing negative has been said about him. It's just that sometimes a change can be good if for no other reason than it is a change based on the circumstances.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Arnept stepped into a no win situation. This is a guy with very little experience tbh. Then I think he made a couple of dumb decisions and it all went south. Doesn't mean in 5 years he won't be a good HC somewhere. Can't learn much without failing

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
In an interview, I heard Coach Knox throw up the idea that this game in the lead game of the battle for Mississippi. The young men can buy into that kind optimism and enthusiasm.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
From the posts of some of the relatives of the players, I think some of the coaches were not well liked/respected by the players. that may explain some”. improved morale”

Cdeer

Apr 10, 2020
Arnept stepped into a no win situation. This is a guy with very little experience tbh. Then I think he made a couple of dumb decisions and it all went south. Doesn't mean in 5 years he won't be a good HC somewhere. Can't learn much without failing
Only 2 types of coaches out there, those that have been fired and those that are going to get fired. I was onboard with ZA but after the last couple of weeks he was in way over his head. I wish him the best and he will be ok if he gets another shot at a smaller school

patdog

May 28, 2007
We'll see on Saturday. Hope they respond well, but you never know from practice reports.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Of course they are, they getting all sorts of offers to leave.
Honestly, at this point, I don’t care if they leave. I just care that they play balls out regardless if they’re just auditioning for other teams. Just freaking win!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login