Playing Ole Miss golf course Thursday

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Why bother? Seriously, there are so many better alternatives in Mississippi. Plus, MSU's golf course is the best public course in the state

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Take cold chicken fingers and share with the other golfers...you'll be fine**

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Their best holes come from Memphis I hear.
but seriously, you need to ask yourself, “What would Groveshitter do?”

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Wear Maroon. Hit the ball in the 18 holes with as few strokes as possible. Drink beer.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Ring your cowbell instead of yealling "Fore!"....Or better...Ring every time your reach the the green, make par or better, and tee off

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
See if you can complete the round in fewer strokes than the number of douche bags you encounter. You might not have to break 100.

MadReb

Oct 3, 2013
Although it’s much better now, it’s the course I grew up playing. The front nine is pretty well flat except for Nos. 1 and 9. No. 9 is a steep climb but overall not too tough. The back is much more hilly. Couple of holes that appear easy are deceptive (Nos. 13 and 14). No. 15 is long and up hill. DO NOT get above the hole. This time of year you have no chance to stop a putt. Not the most difficult course in the state, but has more bite than it appears to have

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Thanks MadReb. I bought the WTVA 9 course card and I'm looking forward to playing your course. Thanks especially for the advice on 15!

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Although it’s much better now, it’s the course I grew up playing. The front nine is pretty well flat except for Nos. 1 and 9. No. 9 is a steep climb but overall not too tough. The back is much more hilly. Couple of holes that appear easy are deceptive (Nos. 13 and 14). No. 15 is long and up hill. DO NOT get above the hole. This time of year you have no chance to stop a putt. Not the most difficult course in the state, but has more bite than it appears to have

Is it the same one that was always there? Didn't they announce some sort of deal to take over one of the the private courses that was in oxford? Or was that just a deal to let the golf team play there since the Ole Miss course was so ******?

The one I was remembering had a green where half of it was so steep that if it wasn't pretty wet a golf ball wouldn't stay on it. And they would apparently consistently put the hole on that part. Golf team members talked about just skipping putting on that hole. Once you got the ball on the green, putt it at the hole and if you make it, that's your score, if you missed it, just add one because it was going to roll off the green and down the hill some. Not sure if the workers did that out of ignorance or because they hated all the douche bags and wanted to do something to make things worse for them. I assume the latter.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I say every year that I'm buying the WTVA golf card but don't so seeing this post I decided to buy two for myself and my golf partner. I can find the 2021 card but no mention of a 2022 card. Are you still playing off the 2021 card or am I missing the new version? Thanks. It's gonna be wet, be prepared to walk a lot, probably cart path only cause we all know how well Oxford drains water.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login