Playoff interest level

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
If there is no SEC team in the playoffs what will be your interest level in watching the games ? I mean quite frankly they would mean no more to me than the minor bowls . I'm not saying I won't watch any of it but it would be kinda like the CWS with no Mississippi State in it to me.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Still very interested since it will be the last college football for 8 months.

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
I don’t care. I was happy to see FSU win so the controversy will burn.

if bamer gets in and Texas sits on the bench, it will create a rivalry of the ages. Bama not getting in will be worth watching them cry crocodile tears for the next century.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If there is no SEC team in the playoffs what will be your interest level in watching the games ? I mean quite frankly they would mean no more to me than the minor bowls . I'm not saying I won't watch any of it but it would be kinda like the CWS with no Mississippi State in it to me.
It really doesn’t matter if it’s SEC or not I’ll watch it. I dont have some allegiance to an SEC because they’re in it.

Reactions: Dawgg and Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I don’t care either way. I doubt I watch any of it. May watch and cheer for Washington just because they aren’t a blue blood football program.
I agree, I'm sick of the high $ teams raking in the NCs while the rest of us play for minor bowls. I'm growing tired of the monopoly. I pulled for FSU because they are similar to State. The same would have happened to us and some of our fans don't realize what this precedent means going forward.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
I’m watching because it’s the CFP. That said, Bama beats Texas in a rematch in the final.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
We should be cheering for Bama. If Saban gets to 7 at Bama, he might just hang it up. He just bought a big house in Florida. Would be great for him to retire after CFP bc the coaching carousel fall out would be glorious to behold.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
A State fan caring about another SEC team going just because we're in the same conference is like you caring about me winning the lottery just because we root for the same team.
I've followed the SEC for a very long time and am pretty familiar with it. It has always been interesting to see SEC teams in intersectional games to me I guess out of curiosity more than anything. And I would like to see a State fan win the lottery more than another college's fan.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
This is borderline blasphemous. The CFP is irrelevant without the SEC *********

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm actually very interested to see how Bama handles Michigan's D. They look like the real deal.

And Texas-Washington should be a good matchup.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
As long as Michigan or Texas doesn't win it (Ohio St too should they get in), I really don't care who does. Really not a whole lot of interest in it at all now, waiting for 1st pitch Feb 16 against Air Force.
Edit: Told you I didn't care, just saw where selection has already happened.....

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I'll watch highlights after the games so I don't waste 9 hours of my valuable time on teams I don't care about.

Reactions: patdog

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Here's what I'm rooting for, but I know it won't happen:
Michigan stomps Bama
Washington stomps Texas
Washington beats Michigan

This nightmare of a season ends.

Reactions: msdawg90

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I want good games. I don't care about conferences.

If it is Michigan vs FSU with a 2nd or 3rd team QB, I'd have little interest.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

I barely pay attention to college sports that don't involve State.

Reactions: Eleven Bravo

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Here's what I'm rooting for, but I know it won't happen:
Michigan stomps Bama
Washington stomps Texas
Washington beats Michigan

This nightmare of a season ends.
If this scenario happens, you can bet Dillon Johnson will rush for 200+ and 3 TDs in the championship game.

Reactions: Dawgg

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I didn't watch any football this weekend and don't see a change in the near future. I'll start again in 2024

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login