Please buy Stans a vowel

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
But this one is easy. Stans didn't have them ready tonight.

The obvious... Georgia was playing their second game of the day (the first even went into OT).
First of all, we walked the ball up the floor every chance we got instead of pushing the tempo early and often to get their legs out from under them. It was as if we were waiting for them to wear themselves out. We should have forced it on them. Secondly, we were outrebounded by 13... THIRTEEN! That should never happen under normal circumstances. Rebounding is largely an effort category. To be out-efforted by a team that had played 45 more minutes than us is on the coach. Were the players not motivated? How can that be in the SECT semifinals? Yes, the players have to get the rebounds, but when something like this happens it shows they weren't ready mentally. That's on the coach.

My biggest beef of the night... When your opponent's two big men each have 4 fouls with 10+ minutes left, AND THEY'RE IN THE GAME AT THE SAME TIME, you either drive to the basket or run your offense through your big man on the low block. Instead, we tossed it around the perimeter and jacked up 3-pointers. Of course, this stems from our inability and complete lack of any ideas on how to attack a zone defense. All on the coach.

It was clear we weren't ready for this game. We didn't have a smart gameplan. We didn't take advantage of the unusual circumstances forced on Georgia. We didn't take advantage of foul trouble. We simply weren't ready. That's squarely on Stans.

00dog

I'm not sure we had a game plan. I like Stans, but what was he thinkin'?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login